BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
16141 - 16160 of 16179 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Ouch... 93 is around $4.24/gal. here. It's funny how the tables have turned though, we can't blame him for the price going up, but we're supposed to thank him for the price going down 😂

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Got gas at Chevron this morning, 91 is about the highest you can get here, $4.29/gal.
The other car can use 86 regular that is $3.29/gal.

Took the 540 to BMW for a 4 wheel alignment after I replaced the struts and rear ball joints.

·
Registered
2002 e39 530i
367 Posts
Got gas at Chevron this morning, 91 is about the highest you can get here, $4.29/gal.
The other car can use 86 regular that is $3.29/gal.

Took the 540 to BMW for a 4 wheel alignment after I replaced the struts and rear ball joints.
WOW...I thought our prices between grades was high. Our's was .25 per grade but jumped up to .30 when prices started jumping, so now it's .60 between regular and our 93. We down to $3.55 for regular and $4.05 for 93.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Current prices at the Speedway on the way to my shop are $3.59 for 87 and $4.19 for 93 I believe. I’m surprised though, gas prices in that area are usually much higher than the other direction.

Her reaction when the guy points out the pump not being connected 🤣

·
What Speed Limit?
3,083 Posts
While I hate the gas prices. It's still so nice filling the car up and seeing a properly working fuel gauge. Unlike before when I'd fill it and it'd go up to about 3/4. Then slowly work it's way up to full after.

Got tired of the "Check Brake Linings" message so I installed the replacement brake pad wear sensor. Didn't feel like waiting for the sway bar links to get in Monday. Also ordered a thin 16mm wrench off Amazon so I won't risk damaging the boot on the new ones during install.

I do seem to be hearing a squeaking noise over bumps. Almost sounds like strut mount. Be really annoying since it's a brand new BMW part. Granted yes, I got it from FCP for warranty. But still, I don't want to have to tear all that crap out again. I look into it more when I replace the sway bar links next week.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
A properly working fuel gauge is very nice to have. Wish my E46 was like that lol.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I'd find a local partout or scour the junkyards.

·
What Speed Limit?
3,083 Posts
Oh that's great. While picking up a snack at 7-11, I noticed some knocking noise from the front suspension over bumps. It does sounds very similar to the same noise the old broken sway bar links made last year. Hope it's just those and not something else. I'd check but it's too damn hot out today. Another 90 degree scorcher. Supposed to 100 as well tomorrow. Seriously done with this crap!

·
What Speed Limit?
3,083 Posts
Weather cooled off and took a quick look around the front with the wheels off. Didn't see or feel anything loose. Still feels and sounds like sway bar links are suspect. They will get replaced, so hopefully that will be it. If not? Well crap lol.

Squeaking noise I'm sure is the the Powerflex sway bar bushings that were installed by one of the previous owners. But instead of lubricating them, I'm going to go back with stock rubber. The Powerflex look really worn.

A/C has been a bit sporadic too lately. Was going to do some research. But then remembered having the exact same issue in the old 540i. That was fixed by replacing the AUX fan and recharging the system. Even found the ancient 2015 post I made about it in this thread lololol. Anyways fan on the car looks original and the connector is partially broken. So I ordered a new fan and once that gets in, I'll swap it in and get the system charged.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Oh yeah, if that aux fan isn't working, you'll feel it in the AC. I realized a few years ago when mine went that the AC did pretty much nothing with the car stationary. Once moving, it was ice cold.

·
Registered
2002 e39 530i
367 Posts
That's it, I'm done with this INPA on my laptop. Uninstalled everything and ordering a Foxwell.

Which one should I get, the 510, 520 or 530? Whats the difference between them 3?
Maybe I should get the 530 since I have a 530 lol

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Man, I would LOVE to invest in a good all around scan tool, but they're so expensive. Those Foxwell scanners are great for BMWs, but I need something that covers all makes and can handle programming and whatnot.

·
Registered
E39 525i
61 Posts
That's it, I'm done with this INPA on my laptop. Uninstalled everything and ordering a Foxwell.
ISTA is way better, the GUI is much better however some people claim that INPA is better for e39s.
I found INPA is a little bit buggy, it throws crash errors all the time everytime you try to do something but it works, I don't know why is doing that, I do run these softwares in VMWare since I don't trust them, I just don't trust anything which does not came from official sources and all these softwares are well... unofficial/cracked so...
ISTA works fine for me, even with VMWare.

·
Senior Slacker
5,673 Posts

Which one should I get, the 510, 520 or 530? Whats the difference between them 3?
Maybe I should get the 530 since I have a 530 lol
I have the 520(?) not much difference in them, I like it, very easy to use and diagnosed by trans fail safe error correctly. It was the switch.

16141 - 16160 of 16179 Posts