BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car just turned 3 years. It is now exactly 40,100 miles of happy motoring. Time goes fast.

Here is a picture when it was a couple of months old. I no longer have those v-spokes.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Congrats Dave! Coming up on 1 year here in a couple months, and 13,500 miles, nary a problem, not even a rattle! (Slightly audible clunk shifting into first, but some others report this too, barely can hear it.)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ripsnort said:
Dave, have you had a brake job done?
No. Still with original brakes and rotors. Means that I drive like a grandmother? :D

Actually, I already brought a brake kit from Cutters (Dan provided a very good price), but the service advisor at my dealer noticed that the front rotors were slightly warped and he suggested to wait till the brake light comes on and then change both the pads and rotors.

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
DaveN323i said:

A nice detail job, including engine bay cleaning.

You are driving 21,000 a year? Do you drive in your sleep?

:D
I meant.. are you keeping it or swapping it for something else?

My cars been so great that I feel bad selling it... but I want MORE POWER! LOTS MORE POWER! V8 POWER... Twin Turbo Power! More, MORE! :D :D :D I digress...

It's amazing what 4 trips from toronto -> florida and 1 trip Toronto -> Utah does to your mileage! :) :) That's an extra 20k miles right there. The type of driving I've done on this car is testimony to how great of a car this is. My mileage is up 30% over any other car I've ever had.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JPinTO said:

I meant.. are you keeping it or swapping it for something else?

My cars been so great that I feel bad selling it... but I want MORE POWER! LOTS MORE POWER! V8 POWER... Twin Turbo Power! More, MORE! :D :D :D I digress...

It's amazing what 4 trips from toronto -> florida and 1 trip Toronto -> Utah does to your mileage! :) :) That's an extra 20k miles right there. The type of driving I've done on this car is testimony to how great of a car this is. My mileage is up 30% over any other car I've ever had.
I am keeping it. It is tempting to check a new car but my habit has been to keep a car for 7/8 years. I haven't been able to keep one for 10. While I love a new car, I also love having $ in the bank. :D

While I like having more power, my plan is to get a second used one. Currently, I am thinking of a 1999/2000 Miata, but sometimes I think of a nice low mileage 2000 328Ci (hint to Jon Shafer) .

:bigpimp:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.