BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was in need of roadside assitance. I was towed to the closest BMW dealer and was told that they had to remove the above parts and clean them for carbon buildup. I was shocked to hear this as I always run Premium Gas and change the plugs. I had to shell out $375. Does anybody know of any recalls or advisories that might pertain to this problem? Does this charge seem fair for 3 hours of labor to diagnose and repair?

· Registered
218 Posts
Why did you break down? They didnt replace any parts so if $125 is their hourly rate than that is what it costs. I don't know what they charge per hour. They may have taken parts off to get to the throttle body which can take quite a while. Did they replace the ICV? How many miles on the car? If it stalled out or idled rough it was probably your ICV. Plugs and gas won't reduce buildup in the ICV in my not professional opinion.

· Registered
164 Posts
Today I was in need of roadside assitance. I was towed to the closest BMW dealer and was told that they had to remove the above parts and clean them for carbon buildup. I was shocked to hear this as I always run Premium Gas and change the plugs. I had to shell out $375. Does anybody know of any recalls or advisories that might pertain to this problem? Does this charge seem fair for 3 hours of labor to diagnose and repair?
What were the symptoms? Did it just stop running or was it running extremely rough?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.