Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm going to retrofit cruise control into my Z3 E36 Z3 1.9. The 'Throttle Housing Assy' OEM 1432058 seams to have two types. My type is unfit for cruise control. There ca be only one cable used.

I found other throttle with the same OEM number that looks like this.

boven throttle.JPG

It is clearly the same body but the spring and cable part is slightly different. There is place for two cables.

My q is: can I just replace my throttle with this one?

I find it strange that the same OEM part has two variations.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would research the part numbers and see if that's the correct part or find somebody that has a car with cruise and check out his throttle body..

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,116 Posts
... going to retrofit cruise control into my Z3 E36 Z3 1.9. The 'Throttle Housing Assy' OEM 1432058 seams to have two types. My type is unfit for cruise control. There can be only one cable used.

View attachment 1012067 ...
My 1.9 was built in 10/96 as a MY 1997, shows Cruise Control on the build data sheet, and its throttle body receives two cables. I guess if a 1.9 is built without that option, it gets your throttle body. What year is yours -- maybe a 1998 when they changed the intake from aluminum to plastic?

·
Registered
2000 E46 323i, 2000 3.0L and 2000 2.0L Z3's
342 Posts
From your photo, it looks like your car is fitted with the M43B19 engine. Is this correct? Vintage42's engine is the M44B19 engine.

If you do have a M43B19 engine, you will have to be careful with the compatibility of using the M44 Throttle body with double cable fittings on the M43 engine.

If you have a M44B19 engine, changing the throttle body to one with the double cable fittings, should be straight forward.

Before you go too far down the track of getting throttle bodies and cruise control parts, I suggest that you have a good look around the fuse box under the hood/bonnet to find the cruise control plug. This will determine if you car is pre-wired for cruise control or not. Maybe Vintage42 can upload a picture of the cruise control plug. I don't have a Z3 with the M44B19 engine at the moment, so can't provide a photo.

The BMW parts website WWW.RealOEM.com is very good at finding part numbers, looking at exploded diagrams and finding parts compatibility.

·
Glfbggy
588 Posts
For what it's worth, my '00 ///M has cruise. It is pretty funky and occasionally gets a bit jerky (accelerate, coast accelerate...coast.. ) very uncomfortable... I think you're probably better off without cruise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would research the part numbers and see if that's the correct part or find somebody that has a car with cruise and check out his throttle body..
I already did. The OEM number is the same. That's the point. My q is, can I exchange them? Mijn and the replacement. Or maybe the electronics are different?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 1.9 was built in 10/96 as a MY 1997, shows Cruise Control on the build data sheet, and its throttle body receives two cables. I guess if a 1.9 is built without that option, it gets your throttle body. What year is yours -- maybe a 1998 when they changed the intake from aluminum to plastic?

View attachment 1012070
Mine is from 2001.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From your photo, it looks like your car is fitted with the M43B19 engine. Is this correct? Vintage42's engine is the M44B19 engine.

If you do have a M43B19 engine, you will have to be careful with the compatibility of using the M44 Throttle body with double cable fittings on the M43 engine.

If you have a M44B19 engine, changing the throttle body to one with the double cable fittings, should be straight forward.

Before you go too far down the track of getting throttle bodies and cruise control parts, I suggest that you have a good look around the fuse box under the hood/bonnet to find the cruise control plug. This will determine if you car is pre-wired for cruise control or not. Maybe Vintage42 can upload a picture of the cruise control plug. I don't have a Z3 with the M44B19 engine at the moment, so can't provide a photo.

The BMW parts website WWW.RealOEM.com is very good at finding part numbers, looking at exploded diagrams and finding parts compatibility.
Hi.
  • My engine is M43.
  • My car is produced in 02\2001. Type Code: CM11
  • the car is pre-wired.

I dont know about the B19. The correct OEM number is as I put above 1432058 for both throttels. The difference seams to be only in the mechanics. The electrics and aluminium body are exactly the same.

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,116 Posts
My engine is M43.
My car is produced in 02\2001. Type Code: CM11
the car is pre-wired...
I think all the 1.9s sold in the USA were M44, the last year being 1998.
Your 2001 M43 must be an export model sold in UK or Europe?

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,116 Posts
Yes. Sold in Germny. So, can I exchange these Throttle Housing Assy ?
I don't know. But, as you say, according to RealOEM, the throttle housing for your 2001 M43 is PN 13541432058 both without and with cruise control. So if the Boven throttle in Post #1has that same PN, it should fit on your intake manifold.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know. But, as you say, according to RealOEM, the throttle housing for your 2001 M43 is PN 13541432058 both without and with cruise control. So if the Boven throttle in Post #1has that same PN, it should fit on your intake manifold.
Thanks. It all fits according to the OEM parts list so Im going for it. Now I can choose to reuse the existing sensors, or use the sensors on the replacement throttle housing assy. Replacing it looke very easy. Just 2 screws per sensor. Whats wise here to do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I replaced the throttle and the motor works fine.

Now I still have a q wher ethe connector for the Control Unit F Cruise Control is. It's not under the steering wheel somewhere. I looked 10 times.

I installed the Cruise Control Switch, found and connected 1 to 2. I mounted the acuator and connected it to the per-wired connector: 5 to 6. I monted the clutch switch in 7 and connected it to per-wired connector 3.

Now the big question. Where is the connector to the Control Unit F Cruise control? If its not by the knees like in my case?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts