BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since a couple of weeks, my 128i throttle response is disgusting... when applying on the accelerator, I have to wait 2-3 complet seconds before the engine starts responding... It's even more noticable after letting the throttle down, like after shifting! (not the clutch, transmission seems to change gear fine!). After letting off the clutch the rpm settle (2000 for exemple), then the engine stop responding... No throttle at all for 2-3 seconds even if the accelerator pedal is touching the floor... :confused: while double-shifting, I feel the transmission "kick-in" like if it was normal, but the throttle does not respond...

I went at the dealership to ran some logs and reset some modules, but it didn't change anything.. (they also told me they used the best bmw scan tool ever made and blahblahblah and everything computer-side is ok...) they then told me it was normal...? but it's a new problem, never did this before... :dunno:

I have changed the sparkplugs (they were due anyways), air filter, checked for vaccum leaks, resetted "driver adaptation throttle", resetted ecu's, checked the throttle body and cleaned it... nothing worked and I can't find anything... :mad:

I also tried "sprinter booster" (increases pedal response), but it only made the lag more noticable...

Anyone experienced this probleme before? No other symptoms, everything else is fine! :eek:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I would check the valvetronics with INPA and see if they open the intake valves according to the request from the gas pedal. The other thing to check is fuel pressure, but I assume, that's fine. And just a sanity check on the throttle valve position to make sure that's open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could it be the eccentric sensor sending false values, so the valvetronic motor doesnt operate properly? or even a vanos solenoid failure?

Idle after a cold start is rought, but not codes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts