BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 325i with Ti Silver, Grey leather and poplar trim. On second thoughts...wasn't sure if this combo makes sense. I also didn't read about this selected combo on this forum.Could you help me please . what say should i stick with it? Hope it ain't to wierd.

Cheers

Strike

·
Registered
168 Posts
I haven't seen that color combo in the metal, but I think it would look very sharp! I have not seen popular on gray, but I do know the walnut looks excellent. My brother has an e46 silver grey/grey combo that looks first class all the way, IMO. I'd be very interested to see pics when you get it!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ti Silver + Black Dakota Leather and Burl looks really awesome. I saw that combo in the dealer ship (The car was parked in the sun) - It was an amazing sight. I am myself ordering the same.

·
Registered
614 Posts
colors

are so personal. i notice on this site that beige interiors are not very common. it seems black is first, followed by grey. i personally dont like black since is too dark for my taste and really do not care for the bmw grey. i am in the minority. ti silver and grey is a fine combo if you dont like a dark interior. obviosly, beige does not go well with silver ext.
it sounds fine to me. in fact, that is exactly what i have on my current car 1998 audi a4 avant.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My E46 was Silver/Grey/Alum.
My E90 is Silver/Black/Walnut.

Love them both,The black interior makes it look "smaller" but shows way less dirt.oh but more "dust". If that makes sense....

·
Registered
468 Posts
bimalh said:
Ti Silver + Black Dakota Leather and Burl looks really awesome. I saw that combo in the dealer ship (The car was parked in the sun) - It was an amazing sight. I am myself ordering the same.
The 330 that I test drove was Ti silver with black leather and poplar trim. This interior is stunning.

Black is hard to beat. In very hot climates it might not be a good idea, but everywhere else it is the most practical interior. It won't show the kind of wear and discoloration that you see in light interiors after a couple of years. It does show the least speck of dust but that isn't a problem if you vaccuum and wipe down the interior every few weeks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here is a picture of a gray interior with poplar:

http://e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1778&stc=1

I also had a lot of trouble deciding on the colors/trim as well. I made sure to finally see it in person before placing my order. Gray interiors are not very common on the cars dealers order for their lot, and gray/poplar is likely even more rare so this might not be easy to do. Call around.

It doesn't look good according to my tastes, I went with gray/walnut. But if you like it then by all means get it. Good luck with the decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks !

Thanks everybody for helping me out... Guess..i will stick with the grey !! I will post the pics once i get the car.

I live in Pa/De area and my dealer is expecting the car to be on the boat by the first week of june. Thats pretty fast !!

this may not be the correct thread for posting..but for all those in the process of ordering a bimmer...I thought of sharing my deal.. $700 cash discount + free BMW mats+ free distance indicator+ awesome trade in value+ BMW gift certificate for $150 . I thought it to be a good deal..

My car: TiSilver+premium+Nav+heated seats+xenon lights.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the Silver Color, but mine is grey with Aluminum.

Here's my config:
2006 325i manual
Titanium Silver Metallic
grey lether with aluminun trim
Power seat/driver memory
sport package
premium sound (logic 7)
Adaptive Xenon
Active Steering

·
Registered
135 Posts
Man, if you like grey enough to order it, then I'm sure you'll absolutely love it. It's a classic look and will keep you cool in summer and warm in winter. For me though, I don't like the BMW grey at all. I think it is too duck-egg bluish, and somehow it looks cheap, mundaine and sort of fake to me. But this should mean absolutely nothing to you, in fact it should make you like grey even more since I'm so clueless. I'm a black interior man myself. It's just so damn sexy and my car still looks brand spanking new after 3 years. It smells awesome too - the black heats up quickly and the leather just oozes new smell car - still, after 3 years. Yes, it gets hot in the sun. So what, crack the roof and turn on the ac. I love it. But for my next car I'd like a tan interior, 'cause it's damn sexy too. Pity they don't have it. Yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts