BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll have this checked out by the dealer, just waiting for an ordered part to come in first before taking it in, but thought I'd ask if anyone had the same issue.

At about 1,500 miles or so, I noticed a ticking/clicking noise when I shut off my 335xi. It comes from underneath, travels from the front to the rear, and gets louder as it travels back. It eventually slows, then stops after about 5 minutes or so. I then noticed that while running, it has the same ticking/clicking pattern.

Now, I've had other vehicles that made the same noise while cooling down after running, but this is much, much louder, even annoying. I mean, I hear it across the parking lot after I park at work.

Any thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'll have this checked out by the dealer, just waiting for an ordered part to come in first before taking it in, but thought I'd ask if anyone had the same issue.

At about 1,500 miles or so, I noticed a ticking/clicking noise when I shut off my 335xi. It comes from underneath, travels from the front to the rear, and gets louder as it travels back. It eventually slows, then stops after about 5 minutes or so. I then noticed that while running, it has the same ticking/clicking pattern.

Now, I've had other vehicles that made the same noise while cooling down after running, but this is much, much louder, even annoying. I mean, I hear it across the parking lot after I park at work.

Any thoughts. Thanks.
you sure it's not metal contracting ? happens on all cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly could be, it's just louder than I've ever heard on any car I've owned. Plus, I hadn't noticed it for the first 1,500 miles. I've had folks comment on how loud it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts