BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to change the current 255/45/18 wheels on my 745i to some 235/35/19 rims. Just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of or is it just a straight swap.

Emma :)
Sent from my HTC Vision using Bimmer

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to change the current 255/45/18 wheels on my 745i to some 235/35/19 rims. Just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of or is it just a straight swap.

Emma :)
why would you want to make that change to such a small upgrade? why not upgrade to the sport 20" if you are looking to stay factory.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh believe me if I was paying for them I would definitely be upgrading to the max! However this set were free so why not put them on i figure :)

·
TTurboFest
962 Posts
What kind of rims and specs so we can help ?
also you are going down from 4.5 in to 3.2 in on the side walls alone , that alone is a clue to why you shouldn't .. but car is yours do as you please . the radius is also a lot smaller so it would look like a body builder with small legs LOL

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
lol body builder small legs..... LMFAO!! Great point though :)

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
Thats not the correct tire size.

·
David
3,550 Posts
^^^ lol. OP please post pictures of the wheels in question.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha thanks everyone, got the message loud and clear, and i think ill just play the girl card on this one. Thanks for helping me out, I was caught up in bigger rims so must be better land!

In my usual, too curious for my own good, style I just wanted to see the bodybuilder version of the car, and to thank you all for helping, heres a good laugh for you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
A female member!! Welcome aboard.. Nice clean 7. Keep in mind that bigger is not always better. 24s and 26 inch rims or cheap chrome wheels no matter what size will totally kill the look of your car in most members opinion. Stick with oem 20inch or 21inch wheel or a nice set of 22s.
Haha thanks everyone, got the message loud and clear, and i think ill just play the girl card on this one. Thanks for helping me out, I was caught up in bigger rims so must be better land!

In my usual, too curious for my own good, style I just wanted to see the bodybuilder version of the car, and to thank you all for helping, heres a good laugh for you

·
TTurboFest
962 Posts

My deepest apologies , feel free to pm me anytime with wheels and tires questions ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aw thanks M4X, thats good of you. And yes a female, and it's cool I'm used to it, guys always fob me off when I say something about cars and I am by no means any expert in any field relating to cars but I do enjoy them and if that means I can stop on the side of the road to remind some poor fella to loosen the wheel nuts before jacking his car up so be it :)

This forum site has been my saviour and I've learnt so much, just from owning this 7 (like how crazily importanat it is to register your battery!). So knowing that, and that I like to fiddle with stuff and learn rather than pay someone, who thinks I should go download the system (INPA?) To my laptop. Can I do any real damage?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha seven11 I believe they were maybe off a 5 series, but like I said I come from the boy racer culture of bigger is better, and hey at 29 I'm still young enough to change my ways (i hope!)

·
David
3,550 Posts
Those wheels must be the Beyern Mesh. Good looking wheel, but a little small for the 7. Overall not too bad looking, though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Haha seven11 I believe they were maybe off a 5 series, but like I said I come from the boy racer culture of bigger is better, and hey at 29 I'm still young enough to change my ways (i hope!)

(+1 female member) I say go with a 20' that way you can still have a nice look without it looking as if the car belongs to a male, maybe even a 21', but 22' is definitely man land!!! :bigpimp: I did a 20' a couple of years back!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts