BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I have problem

I want to get a new car:)

I am looking at the M3 conv. vs the 330CI conv Performance package.

What should I get. I really do not need the power the M3 has to offer but do like the look.

What would the main differences be?

·
Keeping it surreal
43,272 Posts
barcus said:
OK...I have problem

I want to get a new car:)

I am looking at the M3 conv. vs the 330CI conv Performance package.

What should I get. I really do not need the power the M3 has to offer but do like the look.

What would the main differences be?
OK, here`s the deal....buy that M3, bring it to my house....I`ll swap the engines with the one from my `04 ZHP (it`s a runner)....I`ll even kick in a few hundred bucks and a pizza...

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
165 Posts
The 330 cic PP is beautiful, no less than the M3. I saw one in Imola red this weekend at the BMW CCA event. If you have the cash go for the M3 (of course). If you want to save about 10,000 and you don't care for the added horsepower of the M3 you are very very safe with the other. I own a performance package coupe and I love it. I am recently getting into BMW CCA events such as driving school and autoX and the handling of this vehilcle (and power) are amazing. Just my 2 cents.

·
Empowered Consumer
4,042 Posts
ChosenGSR said:
The 330 cic PP is beautiful, no less than the M3. I saw one in Imola red this weekend at the BMW CCA event. If you have the cash go for the M3 (of course). If you want to save about 10,000 and you don't care for the added horsepower of the M3 you are very very safe with the other. I own a performance package coupe and I love it. I am recently getting into BMW CCA events such as driving school and autoX and the handling of this vehilcle (and power) are amazing. Just my 2 cents.
What BMW CCA event were you at this past weekend?

Alex

·
Registered
153 Posts
How will you be using the car? The M3 as a commuter car will destroy it's residual value as most people shy away from high mileage M editions. If it's going to be a second car or a weekend car (fun car); go with the M3. One drive will settle which one you like more, the challenge will be which one fits your lifestyle better :)

If it was me and I could afford it....I'd go with the M3; my insurance company probably would prefer I stick with my 325CIC...

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
If you have to ask, get the 330. Its a wonderful car and put the extra money into stocks or somthing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts