Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today, 09:11 AM
alex md
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein auto: 2011 550xi M sport
View My Garage
just send an email to BMW NA reporting issues with tires and rims/2 mo-2 tires+4 rims/- far from ULTIMATE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
I think EVERYBODY should do the same and continue bombard headquaters with e-mails

this is a copy of my post on RFT failure issue
Again i think EVERYBODY, that had issues with RFT on F-10 should send e-mails to BMWNA. WE have more than 1000 posts on this issue
Alex

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
I have some sympathy for those who bought cars in 2010. But both of you bought your cars well after these threads were created.

I would say if you intentionally buy a car with well known tire and wheel problems, you have no right to complain.

Dreamcar - just prepare to buy new tires on delivery (like Sophisto and I have) or if this is a dealbreaker, Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus all make very nice cars without wheel/tire problems.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
So what are you going to do when your future car is ready for delivery on the dealers premises and sporting some GY LS2 19 inch tires?
Man I have to watch out for you when ever i reply on these tire threads! :D

First If i can get the tire insurance for 1k i will go with it and do what Alex has suggested, every time i have to replace.

if not, after i get the car here i am pretty much sure, i will have a bubble in first couple of weeks. So i wil replace all of them with Pilot Sports Plus A/S(No spare just fix a flat and AAA) with Good year warranty and do what Alex has suggested.

If Good years are back in stock by Feb and if they kept on replacing with same tires, i will do what alex has suggested every time i have to replace.

I hope i covered all the scenarios.

I have been in these situvations before........ like when i bought my current car (Accord) i know that there are issues with brakes but still went a head and purchased the car.
Unfortunately my car was one of the effected ones i did open bunch of Honda cases and never gave up even though they insisted saying it is a wear and tear item and nothing can be done....But i had my way through .... now i have around 64k on the car never payed anything for the repairs (All rotors and all brakes have been replaced until they came up with upgraded parts) this is even before the class action settlement :thumbup:

I hope i still have that energy and time and i hope BMW is a better company that Honda in terms of customer service

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
I have some sympathy for those who bought cars in 2010. But both of you bought your cars well after these threads were created.

I would say if you intentionally buy a car with well known tire and wheel problems, you have no right to complain.

Dreamcar - just prepare to buy new tires on delivery (like Sophisto and I have) or if this is a dealbreaker, Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus all make very nice cars without wheel/tire problems.
I reached the pont where i cannot return back ... good or bad will see it through and try to find a solution if the problem arises.

But some where i heard that Good Year is working on fixing this tires and planning to realease the upgraded/fixed version in Feb... And i am crossing all my fingers on this

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
I reached the pont where i cannot return back ... good or bad will see it through and try to find a solution if the problem arises.

But some where i heard that Good Year is working on fixing this tires and planning to realease the upgraded/fixed version in Feb... And i am crossing all my fingers on this
I'm confident they will Improve it and bring it in line with normal run flat performance (which means less bubbles not no bubbles).

However I can tell you that my Michelin PSS shod 2009 Lexus GS460 can significantly out corner a 5 series M-Sport on stock tires. So unless you want a car that cant keep pace with a three year old Lexus through the corners, you will want better tires than Goodyear makes.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
I'm confident they will Improve it and bring it in line with normal run flat performance (which means less bubbles not no bubbles).

However I can tell you that my Michelin PSS shod 2009 Lexus GS460 can significantly out corner a 5 series M-Sport on stock tires. So unless you want a car that cant keep pace with a three year old Lexus through the corners, you will want better tires than Goodyear makes.
Agreed but unfortunately we dont have any other A/S tire manufcaturer in our size...

And also Pilot Sport plus A/S is a very viable option, i have first hand experience with these tires and would certainly say that right tires changes every thing. Just need to get the AAA premium package and fix a flat kit....

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
You might consider 18 inch wheels?
Oh well I let you be and shut up.
I guess it is just my frustration not having a spare in my trunk cavity that is acting up all the time.
Sorry.
Forget about my remarks and have a nice bubble free life!

But please, try not to come back at the subject anymore as well before having cleared at least 10k miles on the dreaded ones.....

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
You might consider 18 inch wheels?
Oh well I let you be and shut up.
I guess it is just my frustration not having a spare in my trunk cavity that is acting up all the time.
Sorry.
Forget about my remarks and have a nice bubble free life!

But please, try not to come back at the subject anymore as well before having cleared at least 10k miles on the dreaded ones.....
Yo! whats with you and this 18" tires?

Changing to 18" is not that simple and that to it does kill looks and yes it will be the last option if the regular tires on 19" doesnt work.

Even i am against the spare in the trunk but we have secondary options like fix a flat which i heard is a standard equipment in high end sports luxury cars.

dont be pissed on the complaints, its victims right to speak...... and no body is against your remarks/suggestions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.