BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Who can tell me approximately how long it should take to get my car once it lands in the US, and is shipped to Texas and ready for me? It's currently still being shipped to the US. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
It should be going through the Port of Galveston. It could take 5 days or it could take 15 days to clear the VPC. It's totally unpredictable. After that it has to be assigned to a truck and driven to Bfe, wherever that is. Then it has to be checked in and PDI'd at the dealership. Then your client advisor has to call you and let you know it's available for pickup.

The bottom line is that there is no way to accurately predict how long this process will take. If it arrives with any in-transit damage, it will have to be repaired at the VPC and that could take anywhere from two or three days to two or three weeks. If everything works out in your favor, it could be released from the VPC five or six days after the ship arrives. Then it might be at the dealership a couple of days later. Then the dealership might call you a couple of days after that. That's sort of the best-case scenario.

Good luck!

:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Today it is in he finishing touches stage. I thought that happens at the dealer but it appears otherwise.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Wow! That will be extremely fast compared to East Coast POE's. That means there's no delay at all going through the VPC in Galveston and it also means your car had no in-transit damage. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. I will follow up if I I happened to get wrong info from my CA. I really hope the cosmoline isn't an issue. It's been a problem with my last two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts