BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning my first ED experience and want to fully experience the Welt. I plan to take the factory tour, visit the museum and otherwise enjoy my delivery day. As I plan my trip, I was wondering how much time I should allocate for that experience? Also, when in the ordering/building process do you find out your delivery time?
Thank you!

· Registered
2022 M4 Cabrio ZCP & 2021 X5M ZCP
1,771 Posts
The English factory tour is daily (M-F) at 11:45am and is 2 hrs- subject to the factory being open.

Museum is closed on Mondays. You can spend as much as time you want in the Museum from 30min to the entire day. Suggestion is if your schedule permits is to see the museum prior to delivery day such as on a Sunday and take delivery on Monday. If going prior to your delivery e-mail the Welt with your production number/ED date for museum entry tickets.

The time will be on the VIR after BMW NA European Department confirms your date. The Welt is flexible with delivery times. Personally, I have never requested a time but my 1st 2 were afternoons and 3rd was 10am.

Lots of info around here, most questions have already been answered and can be located by using Search.

· Registered
282 Posts
Our delivery was scheduled at 10am, although once we arrived they offered to move it up to 9:20am and we accepted. Did factory tour at 11:45am and visited the museum for about 30 minutes afterwards. Hit the road around 3:30pm just in time for Munich rush hour :).

· Registered
17 Posts
If you have time, consider doing the factory tour and museum visit the day before your delivery. It allows you extra time to enjoy the Welt and the Premium lounge. BMW had no problem with us showing up the day before our delivery and rescheduled our factory tour to the day before. We took the tour, ate lunch and then had enough time to enjoy the museum. The next day we had a morning delivery (originally at 10 am, but moved up to 9:20 am) and visited the Premium lounge again for a little breakfast before delivery. Then we took delivery and headed out of Munich for the rest of our trip. Very relaxed way to take in all that the Welt has to offer.

· Registered
198 Posts
The people at the Welt are very accommodating. Due to various family and work schedule issues, I had to fly in and pick up the car by myself on a Friday. My family arrived Saturday morning, and we all went back to the Welt and visited the museum. They gave us passes to park in the garage. Sunday we drove to Neuschwanstein; our factory tour was scheduled for Monday. They gave us parking passes for the garage for the factory tour too. Also, they had no problem with us using the premium lounge on all three days that we were there, food included. Basically they treated us like we were the best customer they ever had!
To answer the OP’s first question, a couple of hours is probably enough for the museum, and the factory tour is about two hours also. If the delivery schedule works out you could do all three in a day, but best to plan for a day and a half. Ask them for parking passes, and the lockers in the lounge are handy for the plant tour as you can’t carry anything in with you.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.