Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday I’m going down to the dealer to look at “my” car. It’s a 02 330i; SP, PP, 18 wheels, Bi-xenon. I will be leasing and am wondering if anybody that has leased recently in Northern California would be willing to share their numbers. I’m interested in the residual value and the money factor you got.
Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Last month the money factor for a 330i was .0019 and the residual was 61 for a 3yr/36k mile lease. But that program expired on 7/31. But I would think the numbers should be in the same ballpark. Jon, care to shed a little light on my assumption:dunno:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not exactly

Ever hear of a thing that is way to good? On the phone the sales guy said in rough terms zero down, same payment plus or minus $20/month. That was enough to get me to drive 90 miles and take a look seeing as I was asking for the impossible (returning a 01 330i 14 months early). I knew I was in trouble when his first offer was the same monthly with $5k down. Then the noted .0019 MF we talked about on the phone became .0028 is the best they can get and nobody ever gets .0019, not even him as an employee. We danced for an hour and then I realized this guy was shooting my entire Sunday. I said thanks but I’ll shop around…

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,319 Posts
Re: Not exactly

mkg said:
Ever hear of a thing that is way to good? On the phone the sales guy said in rough terms zero down, same payment plus or minus $20/month. That was enough to get me to drive 90 miles and take a look seeing as I was asking for the impossible (returning a 01 330i 14 months early). I knew I was in trouble when his first offer was the same monthly with $5k down. Then the noted .0019 MF we talked about on the phone became .0028 is the best they can get and nobody ever gets .0019, not even him as an employee. We danced for an hour and then I realized this guy was shooting my entire Sunday. I said thanks but I’ll shop around…
Dang! I'm really sorry to hear that.

You shoulda gone to Circuit City!
:p

(j/k)

A trip to Santa Barbara is your solution.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Santa Barbara is nice this time of year

May have to plan a trip to SB in about 1 year:)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Not exactly

Jon Shafer said:
A trip to Santa Barbara is your solution.
I think that is the right answer for most of us:thumbup:

Only 2712 miles from Harrisburg to there:yikes: Better make it a sweet deal for me then:D

·
749 Posts
325xiT

Harrisburg... I heard that!!
I've been to NJ and MD for mine.
(My personal theory is the used/trade-in value in "our" area is lower due to the thousands of cars that are at Manheim Auto Auction. Their Black Book gets alot of travel)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Oh god not the Manheim Auction.... You can find some real winners there. I've heard some people have some really good deals, but my one friend bought 3 cars there and after the 3rd he will never go back. Nothing but transmission and rear end problems from the start on 2 of the cars. I don't know how their 150 odd inspection there is but I will never buy used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts