BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
My other car is faster
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the question:

Should I remove the M-stripes from my MC?

Originally, my intent was to do something different for M-Fest and Bimmerfest. However, during the months I've had the stripes, they have really grown on me. Everyone who has seen the stripes and have spoken to me in person have given a thumbs up. Some people have really, really liked them, some people have said they are just "cool". At Bimmerfest, I noticed it was photographed by many people. Even driving around Santa Barbara, on two occasions people stopped to photograph the car as it stopped at a light. A guy even took a photo of the car in Beverly Hills when we stopped for lunch on the Friday before Bimmerfest. Any time I drive down the highway, few people pass without an extended look (Including the cop who gave me a soft ticket as I drove WITH traffic for doing 85 in a 70 South of Barstow)

On the other hand my wife thinks it's over the top and "cheapens" the car. My sarcastic female lawyer associate/employee says it's very "San Francisco". My daughter has me drop her off at middle school a block up the street because she does not want to be identified coming out of the "Gay Rainbow Car"

O.K., I'll say it: I LOVE THE STRIPES. (I also like the soundtrack from RENT, sorry) For those of you who know me, you know I wear conservative suits to work and pretty much live a "regular dad" lifestyle with a wife and 5 kids. My LOUD MC is clearly out of character, but if I had my way, I would take off the vinyl stripes in favor of replacing them with a deep, high gloss permanent paint job.

Taking off the stripes will feel like dating Pamela Anderson, and, after getting used to a real handful/mouthful on a regular basis, having her remove the breast implants.

But I want to know what you guys think. Should they go?

Before:

After:

·
Z4 Mvangelist
4,254 Posts
It might already be too late to save the paint. The car's in the sun all the time in LV and at meets. Regardless, I say keep the stripes. It makes the car unique, and most importantly it looks good! For so much color it's very tasteful. And if your wife complains just remind her that your 7 doesn't have stripes :thumbup:

·
Registered
485 Posts
hummmm i am not a big fan of it ...personally....

·
Registered
353 Posts
It looks dull and vanilla with out them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
keep em... lol at "San Francisco"

·
2000 Z3, Porsche 911SC
42 Posts
If you would have brought a Porsche 993, you wouldn't need the stripes. I usually think "less is more" but they do look pretty cool.....I'd be tempted to keep them. Tough call................

·
Registered
71 Posts
If somebody did that on a Japanese car, it'd be rice.

It screams "DIG ME!!" If that's what you're after, then keep them. Too much for me, though. The car says enough, even in white. And the discreet ///M logos on sides and rear complete the package.

But you prefer huge volley ball boobs ala Pamela Anderson, so I guess you've answered your own question.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Here's the question:

Should I remove the M-stripes from my MC?
O.K., I'll say it: I LOVE THE STRIPES.
There's your answer. Keep them. It's your car, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If they want to see one without stripes, they can buy their own.

·
matching revs in
400 Posts
The white coupe is great by itself and I also like what you've done with the stripes.
As others have correctly pointed out, it's your car and you seem to like them.

And if those stripes are your outlet from your otherwise understated lifestyle, then by all means, rock them loud and proud!

·
182 Posts
The white coupe is great by itself and I also like what you've done with the stripes.
As others have correctly pointed out, it's your car and you seem to like them.....
X2 It's your toy. You've made a bold statement, and the problem is.....?

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts
There's your answer. Keep them. It's your car, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If they want to see one without stripes, they can buy their own.
I agree.. . I would never have put them on, but I have to say that they look GREAT!!

On the other matter... Pamela could go about 5 sizes smaller on the implants, and it would be a big improvement...

·
BMW and Soccer Junky
43 Posts
But you prefer huge volley ball boobs ala Pamela Anderson, so I guess you've answered your own question.
There's your answer right there!!! Volley ball boobs ROCK!

J/K.

I do like them.

The stripes, that is.

AND the volley ball boobs.

I'll stop now...

·
BMW and Soccer Junky
43 Posts
On the serious side, that's something that you can only do on a white car. I think it looks neat (and I'm actually the understated type), and it screams "MOTORSPORT" - at least to those that know what the colors mean...

If I saw it on the street, I'd almost think it was a promotional vehicle or something like that...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd remove it, and go for a more understated stripe such as on the training coupes.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts