BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is it Blitz time?

  • Yes - wax immediately

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No - go on vacation and relax

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Wax, why? Just drive it.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

Time to wax

2188 Views 34 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Guest84
What do you think, is it time for another coat of Blitz:dunno:
Roof looking pretty good


but the hood................

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
I had the same dilema prior to my vaca...I chose the "Don't worry, go on vacation" path. I washed the car before I left. Still going on 3 weeks with the original washing...been raining off and on (typical spring here in the PNW) but sunshine predicted for this week-end! Planning on doing a full detail end of June again me thinks...
Why wax ? just Zaino it, baby :D
Now, why would the hood be more "worn" than the roof. Heat from the engine melting the wax off during a wash? Why not just give the hood a quick wax? With Blitz ought to take what, 5 minutes?
Umm, Zaino IS wax Alex! Its not Crytonite! ;)
Alex Baumann said:
Why wax ? just Zaino it, baby :D
Zaino is NOT a wax ;)
Ripsnort said:


Umm, Zaino IS wax Alex! Its not Crytonite! ;)
What is it then? I thought it was a polymer wax?
(Think Polymer-based wax, simply stating "Wax" does not automatically mean its carnauba-based, there are many types of waxes, Polymer, Acrylic, Carnauba..etc)
Alex Baumann said:


Zaino is NOT a wax ;)
Yeah, but there are waxes, and then there's Zaino.

Lumping it in with the other waxes on the shelf... well, that's like calling a BMW "just a car".

;)
Ripsnort said:


What is it then? I thought it was a polymer wax?
Guilty as charged:( Another reason to be bummed about having to drive to a DIY stall:thumbdwn:

I'm out of here at lunch to go wash the car. Go home, open the hood and let it cool. And Blitz away :thumb:
johnlew said:
Now, why would the hood be more "worn" than the roof. Heat from the engine melting the wax off during a wash? Why not just give the hood a quick wax? With Blitz ought to take what, 5 minutes?
Zaino means never having to ask if its time to wax yet. ;)

--gary
DSinSoCal said:


Yeah, but there are waxes, and then there's Zaino.

Lumping it in with the other waxes on the shelf... well, that's like calling a BMW "just a car".

;)
Sounds like their marketing department manager is doing his job! ;)
DSinSoCal said:


Yeah, but there are waxes, and then there's Zaino.

Lumping it in with the other waxes on the shelf... well, that's like calling a BMW "just a car".

;)
:thumb:

I'll print it out, frame it and put it on my desk :D
Nat Brown said:


Zaino means never having to ask if its time to wax yet. ;)

--gary
I don't remember that their marketing department manager ever detail my car, the results are speaking for themselves. And I'm not even sure if they have any marketing dept. though :D
Ripsnort said:


Sounds like their marketing department manager is doing his job! ;)
Personally, I think most folks have a tendency to say whatever wax they're currently using is "the best".

I believe that its the preparation, application and removal that makes or breaks a good product.

If I have 10 black cars with 10 different polymers, carnauba's and acrylic waxes applied under the same conditions, I'd bet you a paycheck you couldn't pick the Zaino one out..but then I digress. ;)
Alex Baumann said:


I don't remember that their marketing department manager ever detail my car, the results are speaking for themselves. And I'm not even sure if they have any marketing dept. though :D
Agree 100%. It's all in fun, just busting on ya :)

Zaino suckz too if you don't prep the surface properly.

But it smells good :p :p :D
Ripsnort said:
I believe that its the preparation, application and removal that makes or breaks a good product.
Being a current Blitz user, I can tell you it's excellent stuff with a durable shine (for carnauba wax). I still use it on my wife's VW Jetta. That said, Blitz can't come close to the reflective qualities and durability of Zaino.

As for lining up the cars and telling them apart, try doing this after six months without re-applying the product. The shiny car is polymer.

--gary:D
Ripsnort said:


Personally, I think most folks have a tendency to say whatever wax they're currently using is "the best".

I believe that its the preparation, application and removal that makes or breaks a good product.

If I have 10 black cars with 10 different polymers, carnauba's and acrylic waxes applied under the same conditions, I'd bet you a paycheck you couldn't pick the Zaino one out..but then I digress. ;)
No question about it. No one will ever argue that Carnauba's and Polymer/acrylics will last the same, its fact that synthetics will outlast natural waxes. :thumb: I always used polymers on my boats (and a few auto's when life was busier), who wants to wax a boat every 3-4 months? Not me! Waxing a small auto like the BMW, that therapy to me! ;)
Nat Brown said:


As for lining up the cars and telling them apart, try doing this after six months without re-applying the product. The shiny car is polymer.

--gary:D
I realize that Alex, we know each other well enough for that stick stuff. ;)
Alex Baumann said:


Agree 100%. It's all in fun, just busting on ya :)

Alex
Ripsnort
Ripsnort said:


I realize that Alex, we know each other well enough for that stick stuff. ;)
Your Jedi Knight stick tricks won't work on ME "Darth" Baumann!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top