10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you think, is it time for another coat of Blitz:dunno:
Roof looking pretty good

but the hood................

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
I had the same dilema prior to my vaca...I chose the "Don't worry, go on vacation" path. I washed the car before I left. Still going on 3 weeks with the original washing...been raining off and on (typical spring here in the PNW) but sunshine predicted for this week-end! Planning on doing a full detail end of June again me thinks...

·
5,820 Posts
Now, why would the hood be more "worn" than the roof. Heat from the engine melting the wax off during a wash? Why not just give the hood a quick wax? With Blitz ought to take what, 5 minutes?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ripsnort said:

What is it then? I thought it was a polymer wax?
Yeah, but there are waxes, and then there's Zaino.

Lumping it in with the other waxes on the shelf... well, that's like calling a BMW "just a car".

;)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
johnlew said:
Now, why would the hood be more "worn" than the roof. Heat from the engine melting the wax off during a wash? Why not just give the hood a quick wax? With Blitz ought to take what, 5 minutes?
Guilty as charged:( Another reason to be bummed about having to drive to a DIY stall:thumbdwn:

I'm out of here at lunch to go wash the car. Go home, open the hood and let it cool. And Blitz away :thumb:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Ripsnort said:

Sounds like their marketing department manager is doing his job! ;)
I don't remember that their marketing department manager ever detail my car, the results are speaking for themselves. And I'm not even sure if they have any marketing dept. though :D

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

I don't remember that their marketing department manager ever detail my car, the results are speaking for themselves. And I'm not even sure if they have any marketing dept. though :D
Personally, I think most folks have a tendency to say whatever wax they're currently using is "the best".

I believe that its the preparation, application and removal that makes or breaks a good product.

If I have 10 black cars with 10 different polymers, carnauba's and acrylic waxes applied under the same conditions, I'd bet you a paycheck you couldn't pick the Zaino one out..but then I digress. ;)

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Ripsnort said:
I believe that its the preparation, application and removal that makes or breaks a good product.
Agree 100%. It's all in fun, just busting on ya :)

Zaino suckz too if you don't prep the surface properly.

But it smells good :p :p :D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ripsnort said:

Personally, I think most folks have a tendency to say whatever wax they're currently using is "the best".

If I have 10 black cars with 10 different polymers, carnauba's and acrylic waxes applied under the same conditions, I'd bet you a paycheck you couldn't pick the Zaino one out..but then I digress. ;)
Being a current Blitz user, I can tell you it's excellent stuff with a durable shine (for carnauba wax). I still use it on my wife's VW Jetta. That said, Blitz can't come close to the reflective qualities and durability of Zaino.

As for lining up the cars and telling them apart, try doing this after six months without re-applying the product. The shiny car is polymer.

--gary:D

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Nat Brown said:

As for lining up the cars and telling them apart, try doing this after six months without re-applying the product. The shiny car is polymer.

--gary:D
No question about it. No one will ever argue that Carnauba's and Polymer/acrylics will last the same, its fact that synthetics will outlast natural waxes. :thumb: I always used polymers on my boats (and a few auto's when life was busier), who wants to wax a boat every 3-4 months? Not me! Waxing a small auto like the BMW, that therapy to me! ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.