BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
it happened as i backed up into my garage! :mad:
I'm good with working on my cars and always up to save money.
Please advise
Thank you all

(It's Serpentine Belt Not the timing chain Sorry)

·
205 Posts
unlucky man, how many miles on the clock?

what litre engine do you have? do you know if it is a free-running engine?

hope for you they are :(

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
yup its def a chain not a belt, I agree its probably the surp belt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, you're right... the serpentine belt sanpped not the timing chain... mistake on my part... Thanks for the Diagram! where can i get step by step instructions on replacing it..?

Thanks Again
Ruben7LI

·
Registered
93 Posts
tensioner pulley has a cap, remove the cap, insert 8mm allen socket, "tighten" which will put the pressure on tensioner and allow you to put new belt on...
replace the idler pulley and tensioner pulley also, a good thing to do while you are there...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Sorry mil, but you are wrong. You use a t60 on our tensioners, you don't loosen anything associated with ours. Just put the t60 in the hole for it and pull towards the drivers side of the car. I use my torque wrench with the t60 attachment. Really easy

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Sorry mil, but you are wrong. You use a t60 on our tensioners, you don't loosen anything associated with ours. Just put the t60 in the hole for it and pull towards the drivers side of the car. I use my torque wrench with the t60 attachment. Really easy
Why would you use a torque wrench on a spring loaded tensioner?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I just used it because it was a long handle and it was convenient. Something else could be used of course.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Yup, but no need for the bar if I have that. Not like I set my bar to 1 million lbs lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts