BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys-

Long time lurker, second time poster here. So I got to visit the Welt/Museum in Munich this past week and after seeing the 3 series LCI with my own eyes, every fiber of my body tells me I absolutely must have one.

I am pretty set on a 328 build and want to place an order. My current VW GLI lease is coming to an end mid-December this year, and I want to start a new lease in December with a 328i.

Questions:

1) If I have a solid build I want to book, when should I start talking to an advisor in order to place an order for a potential delivery in December timeframe? I am willing to go a few weeks ahead of my current lease termination in case the car arrives earlier. Am I too late?

2) I can place an order whenever with a deposit (how much in general?), but the final lease negotiation happens near delivery right? This way I can get the December holiday deals?

3) What happens if the car arrives prior to December? Are dealers generally willing to hold the car in the inventory for a delivery in a couple of weeks later? (Especially the PNW-area)

4) Do we expect to have an impact on the residuals and such for the 2016 model?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
For a Seattle delivery you probably want to allow about eight weeks from the order date, so I would work with the dealer now and ask them to hold you an October allocation slot for your order.

I think you can expect the residuals and incentives to get better as we closer to the end of the year. Once you order, you can complete the BMWFS lease application online and that locks you in for 60 days with whatever the current rate is. If the rates improve by December you can use those rates.

Most dealers want around a $500 deposit. I don't know them holding it for you though. That would be entirely up to the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.