1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,958 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'm ceramic Formula One Pinnacle 35%. I'm breaking the law a bit, but it looks good and is protecting my interior.

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
20% here. It's pretty dark but looks great on a black car IMO.
+1

20% is pretty dark but not dark enough to get you into too much trouble with the cops.

·
BigTime Defender
337 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yes also. Percentage depends on your local laws and the color of you car.

Dark, dark tint looks great on black cars. On my white 330xi, I went with 50 front (legal limit) and 35 rear. Looks very good. Had it been black, I'd have gone 50 front / 20 rear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes also. Percentage depends on your local laws and the color of you car.

Dark, dark tint looks great on black cars. On my white 330xi, I went with 50 front (legal limit) and 35 rear. Looks very good. Had it been black, I'd have gone 50 front / 20 rear.
Legal limit where you live is 50? Woahh. It's 35 here in TN, but I went with 20 anyway. Who really enforces tint regulation?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Legal limit in Utah is 50 but that's only for the front. You can do whatever you want in the back.

The state enforces it. When you go in for your state emissions and inspection, they have a light tool or something to test your tint. If it doesn't test out at or above the legal limit, they'll fail you.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Tint it.
Protect the interior and people.
Observe the law.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Legal limit in Utah is 50 but that's only for the front. You can do whatever you want in the back.

The state enforces it. When you go in for your state emissions and inspection, they have a light tool or something to test your tint. If it doesn't test out at or above the legal limit, they'll fail you.
Oh, they don't even do emissions checks here, so the only time a cop would see it is when you're pulled over or cruisin along, and they barely bother with it. I actually have been pulled over for it in a different car, but the cops mainly use it as a reason to pull people over and check for serious offenses. I commited/possesed nothing illegal so they let me go.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have 50% 3M ColorStable on front and rear windows. The 3M ColorStable is a little darker than some other brands, so the 50% was perfect for me (I didn't want something too dark).

·
Registered
39 Posts
We have 28% Llumar all around on ours. 28% is the max legal front window tint here in FL. Tint makes a huge difference. It looks great and also keeps the sun off the interior which helps keep it cooler and keeps stuff from fading.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts