BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Just bought a 2008 335Xi and I am loving it. Glad to have spent the cash for this amazing machine. My question is has anyone used any particular brands of auto tint? I am thinking about Formula One Pinnacle 50, UV Shield or the 3m high performance films... Does anyone have any advice as to what tints look the best on these cars? Its silver and black interior. Thanks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I used formula one, not sure the name but it was their ceramic (most $$). If you have Sat/Nav or comfort access you will probably need to go with a ceramic. The metallic are supposed to interfere with electronics. They say it may affect radar coming through the rear window also (metallic) but I'm not sure on that..

I went with the darkest legal (35% in NC). I kept it consistent all the way around even though I could have gone darker on the rear.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,989 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Hey All,
Just bought a 2008 335Xi and I am loving it. Glad to have spent the cash for this amazing machine. My question is has anyone used any particular brands of auto tint? I am thinking about Formula One Pinnacle 50, UV Shield or the 3m high performance films... Does anyone have any advice as to what tints look the best on these cars? Its silver and black interior. Thanks.
I have Formula One Pinnacle 50% all around.....stretching the law on the fronts in Virginia.

I think it looks very nice. :thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used formula one, not sure the name but it was their ceramic (most $$). If you have Sat/Nav or comfort access you will probably need to go with a ceramic. The metallic are supposed to interfere with electronics. They say it may affect radar coming through the rear window also (metallic) but I'm not sure on that..

I went with the darkest legal (35% in NC). I kept it consistent all the way around even though I could have gone darker on the rear.
Who did you use in Raleigh? Are you happy with the result?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Who did you use in Raleigh? Are you happy with the result?
F1 is a franchise shop. They have a store in Raleigh, and one in Apex. I went to the one in Apex. The guy who put it on was the owner, he did a great job. The dot matrix parts of the windows even look incredible. It was expensive, but I'd highly recommend them. PM me if you want to check it out before you decide.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here are two pics of my dirty black coupe. You can see the side view and the dot matrix on the rear window. The pics are from my cell phone so they're not that great.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Huper Optik Drei is probably the best of all, but it comes with the cost and hard to find a certified installer. I am happy with 3M colorstable. 5% back, 20% front. yep, with 5% you're not going to see anything inside. but very good looking out, drive perfectly at night

Mine is silver with Black interior too. here is the result.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts