Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I tried browsing around for some more details on my question, but couldn't find any threads with enough specific information.

That being said, I was quoted $450 to have llumar CTX tints installed in my car - all sides and rear window. This is from a very reputable local installer who said there shouldn't be any issues with installing the tint over the dot matrix on the frameless windows.

Thoughts on quote? Any other feedback? Thanks

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
From what I have read on here it is a premium product in a quality shop that would be about right just a little on the high side. If I was comfortable with the shop and their quality job I would do it. I am loving the job and look on Driggets in this thread. Not LLumar though http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894307&highlight=llumar P.S. I am leasing. When I was signing papers I asked Finance guy about it. I don't recall brand. IT is in NY they would do it for $350 and assured me it would not negatively effect lease. I waited to see what I like rather than doing it then.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I agree, not bad but maybe a little high. It wouldn't hurt to ask the shop ic they give a discount for cash. The shop I use does and it saves $50.

·
IntarWeb Stalker
10,068 Posts
I paid 150 for pinnacle llumar. I did at same place for my 2006 and 2013. They do lambos, porsches, bmw, camry, etc. $$$ doesnt equal quality all the time

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
I paid 150 for pinnacle llumar. I did at same place for my 2006 and 2013. They do lambos, porsches, bmw, camry, etc. $$$ doesnt equal quality all the time
I think that is the lowest price I have seen. A decent shop has overhead, time and material, insurance costs, etc.... At that rate it's a struggle to make a living. Usually getting a name for expertise in the field allows one to get a comfortable salary.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes, I tried browsing around for some more details on my question, but couldn't find any threads with enough specific information.

That being said, I was quoted $450 to have llumar CTX tints installed in my car - all sides and rear window. This is from a very reputable local installer who said there shouldn't be any issues with installing the tint over the dot matrix on the frameless windows.

Thoughts on quote? Any other feedback? Thanks
When I did my 328i with Pinnacle One ceramic tint, it was $350 for all windows+ front windshield eyeliner included. So your quote is definitely High, shop around. Get ceramic tint if you can, its worth it. I did 30% all round. My tint guy even replaced the eyeliner at no charge when my windshield took a rock and had to be replaced. My tint is also guaranteed for bubbling and fading.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just had my windows tinted using LLumar film for $199.00 (four doors + rear) with a 30% shade. The shop provides a lifetime warranty and uses a computer to cut all the film to exactly fit your car's windows. They removed the third (roof-mounted) brake light and heat formed the film to the rear glass. Installation took about 1-1/2 hours and they let me watch the entire process. They do a lot of work for local dealerships as well as exotic rental services (Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, etc.).

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You mean formula one pinnacle? (yes I know formula one and llumar are basically the same company)

$150 for installation of CTX or F1 Pinnacle would basically be at materials cost. Something doesn't seem right.

I was originally thinking $350 would be a good price.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
$300 is the quote I got for the same tint, reputable blah blah shop, etc. $450 is really high

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
I'm guessing the area, reputation, and competition could cause one's acceptable price to another's unacceptable bid. I would expect around $350 but would maybe do $450 if I felt it was comfortable with the shop. But only after getting a couple of quotes for that same job with another established reputable shop.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
So with socal having Santa anna this week and it being mid to high 80s in Feb and this thread I started thinking about tinting the wagon. I don't really like dark and I am more in it for the heat and UV rejection.

For that it sounds like 3m crystalline is the way to go. I called two shops that will do it in SD and both quoted me 1k for all around including the windshield. I was thinking, pretty light, like 70 all around. Apparently that's supposed to not draw too much attention. Without the windshield both quoted 700 for all the windows on the wagon, though both said if I really wanted to cut down on heat I should do the front.

Thoughts? Is 1k for 3m crystalline crazy, I know it's supposed to be the top top stuff and best for keeping heat out when driving and having the car cool with still high % like 70.

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
So with socal having Santa anna this week and it being mid to high 80s in Feb and this thread I started thinking about tinting the wagon. I don't really like dark and I am more in it for the heat and UV rejection.

For that it sounds like 3m crystalline is the way to go. I called two shops that will do it in SD and both quoted me 1k for all around including the windshield. I was thinking, pretty light, like 70 all around. Apparently that's supposed to not draw too much attention. Without the windshield both quoted 700 for all the windows on the wagon, though both said if I really wanted to cut down on heat I should do the front.

Thoughts? Is 1k for 3m crystalline crazy, I know it's supposed to be the top top stuff and best for keeping heat out when driving and having the car cool with still high % like 70.
I would have lol then apologized and said I'm sorry I thought you said $1, 000

·
Registered
260 Posts
Pricing for the shop I used:

2 window cars: $99
5 window cars: $199
7 window cars: $225
9 window cars: $249
Trucks: $199+
SUVs/Mini-Vans: $299
Visor strip (4-10"): $50

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just got a quote for 3M tint all around including my windshield. $399. Going 70% on the windshield and 30% everywhere else.

·
Registered
330 Posts
which 3M tint? they have several different products from cheapo dyes to crystalline which is $$$
That was for either FX Premium or Color Stable

1 - 20 of 22 Posts