Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
If you have, what percentage?
What does you state allow for percentage?

I had a black on black 535i with 30% tint on all window but just a 8 inch strip on the front window. It was done mostly for function as it can be hot and sunny here and it did exactly what it is supposed to do, and I had no issues with seeing at night.

Had a truck that had 20% but it was too dark at night to see properly.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does you state allow for percentage?

I had a black on black 535i with 30% tint on all window but just a 8 inch strip on the front window. It was done mostly for function as it can be hot and sunny here and it did exactly what it is supposed to do, and I had no issues with seeing at night.

Had a truck that had 20% but it was too dark at night to see properly.
Good question. I think 35% in Connecticut.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
My setup is 20% all around and 40% on entire windshield.

As for you. It really depends on look/function. 20% is very common, but you cant go wrong with a 30% or even a 35%. Just know that those will still be “see through”.

Id also stick to quality tint and dont try to find the cheapest installer in town. Do you research on the tint properties itself, they are not all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My setup is 20% all around and 40% on entire windshield.

As for you. It really depends on look/function. 20% is very common, but you cant go wrong with a 30% or even a 35%. Just know that those will still be “see through”.

Id also stick to quality tint and dont try to find the cheapest installer in town. Do you research on the tint properties itself, they are not all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

I’m using a place called Detail Master LLC in Fairfield, CT. Highly rated, etc. I don’t want it too dark, but want to be able to Intuit’s tinted.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I would stick with either 20% or 35%. 20% if you want privacy, 35% if you want a more "factory" look. Suntek's CIR like should produce alittle glossy look, there CXP will be a purer black.

Do you care about the overall look of the car? Rim color and window trim color will have an effect.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would stick with either 20% or 35%. 20% if you want privacy, 35% if you want a more "factory" look. Suntek's CIR like should produce alittle glossy look, there CXP will be a purer black.

Do you care about the overall look of the car? Rim color and window trim color will have an effect.
Here is the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
The shop should be able to cut a couple squares an apply it to the window for you.

Personally, Id go either 20% CIR or 35% CXP. But I always put on ceramic, so id end up with the 20% CIR.

Beautiful car BTW!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here is the car.
These are 35%? Wow - to me they look more like 70%, but its possible that the angle of your pictures is making the tint look lighter.

I will be getting light tint (70%) once we start to approach summer. I prefer light tint that would make it appear like factory tinted glass.

EDIT: Sorry, I think I misread - these are non-tinted windows of your car that you want to tint - right? Be sure to check out the tint percentages in-person. 20% (also called the limo tint) is usually very dark. As you pointed out above, 35% is the darkest most state laws allow. If i am not mistaken some states require the tinted windows to have the sticker stating the % of tints applied.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These are 35%? Wow - to me they look more like 70%, but its possible that the angle of your pictures is making the tint look lighter.

I will be getting light tint (70%) once we start to approach summer. I prefer light tint that would make it appear like factory tinted glass.
No, this has no tint yet.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts

His car isn’t tinted.

70% is extremely light. Factory tint usually comes in around state legal limits - 35%~

If you want only heat rejection look for 3m crystalline.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
210 Posts
His car isn’t tinted.

70% is extremely light. Factory tint usually comes in around state legal limits - 35%~

If you want only heat rejection look for 3m crystalline.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Yes, great advice on 3M - Thats one of the ones I looked at for 70%. (By factory tint I was referring to the light, slightly blue color of the window glass that BMWs had in the past)

·
Registered
905 Posts
debate, why

it will make your car look amazing black on black some ideas for u to check out below:

when choosing tint percentage black and black if heat rejection not the biggest concern, i see your in CT go with 50% ceramic

if you go darker the tint will look extremely dark. if you cheap out with cheaper tint it could look dark even with 50,

formula 1 tint is great look and 50% does good job of heat rejection and should be pretty affordable i paid 275 installed

lumar ceramic is also great so shop around . i think pinnacle formula one is also under the lumar umbrella

50% ceramic in the right hue will look amazing
for cheaper options 3m color stable will also do good with your color it is not a ceramic tint. but great visibility and good quality for the price

good luck

·
Registered
739 Posts
I did 30% on the sides and back, 75% on the windshield. All ceramic high-end etc. Seems to really help with the hot weather here. I also have the sunshades on the back window and rear side windows.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts