BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to make an appointment to tint my car but im not sure whether to get 35% ( the legal amount in New York) or 20%. i like the darker tint obviously but i dont want to get pulled over all the time due to them. any suggestions? pictures of 20% vs 35% on an e36?

PS i may be better off with the darker tint being im 18 and wear my hat to the side i get pulled over plenty as it is:angel:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
35%. 20's all around is too dark, and mixed tints look stupid.

·
Make your own Luck
1,814 Posts
I'd do 20% thats what i have.. It's really not as dark as you think. You still can see in. I have it and happy withi.. And yeah don't mix tints thats fugly. :D Best pic i could find that show what shows the tint. lol. Even tho its black/white you still see through the windows though.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
you get pulled over for having your hat sideways???????

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts

·
Fireballs inc.
9,256 Posts
or im a regular 18 year old guy not a herb in a polo like most other bmw drivers;)
yo man i only wwear a polo when im going to work on fridays:p
uhh i have 35 and cops try to get me for it all the time in south longisland
even though you can see through it:tsk:

·
Registered
428 Posts
depends where you are located to be honest. also its just good luck and bad luck. my g37s has 15% all around and 30% windshield and its pearl white with black interior. my WINDOWS LOOK LIKE A SHEET OF BLACK. my 750 has 15% all around light interior no windshield tint and i got stopped for tint in it already

·
Registered
25 Posts
here we are allowed no darker than 35% on the front glass but can go as dark as we want on the back. my car is 35% in front and 20% in the rear. I think it looks real good all nice and black.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my only concern is that with a beige interior the 35% will look realyyyyyyyy light

oh and E36_Hater433 thanks for making my point.. cops on long island willlll pull u over for any reason they can if your young

·
Fireballs inc.
9,256 Posts
Where on long island are you?
If you want I'll meet up with you so you can see what the 35 looks like with the sand doodoo color interior

·
Registered
187 Posts
you get pulled over for having your hat sideways???????
Must be the fashion police. Here's 35% all round on Cosmos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts