BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am new to this forum, and need help with what tires to put on my new wheels, first off I have lowering springs so I can't adjust the height of my car. My wheels are 18 x 9.5 front and 18 x 10.5 rear with +22 offset all around. The tires I have on right now are wayy too meaty plus they rub like crap. They are 225/40r18 all around. What would be a good tire size that would make the wheels sit flush and also not rub???

(Also tires that a normal tire shop would carry, no stance shops. *low offset is what I want, not meaty)

*pics would be appreciated*

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
The issue is your offset you have WAY WAY WAY to aggressive offset. Your tire size isn't the problem..... You need to get different wheels. Sure you could go something like 195's but that wouldn't fit right on a 8.5 wide and 9.5 wheel. It'll be stretched and retarded.

Ideally you'd want ET40 for a sedan and ET35 would be fine with rear in a coupe. But 22? yeah that's intense lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do understand the offset is instense lol but that's the look I was going for, the wide 'pokey' look. Plus I'm not going to buy new wheels again, just want tires to fit. I talked to a guy in a tire shop he said 265/35r18 would fit in the rear with a tad bit of stretch and 235/35r18 up front

·
Suspension Guru
315 Posts
I do understand the offset is instense lol but that's the look I was going for, the wide 'pokey' look. Plus I'm not going to buy new wheels again, just want tires to fit. I talked to a guy in a tire shop he said 265/35r18 would fit in the rear with a tad bit of stretch and 235/35r18 up front
You won't listen to the real answer which Mr Malibu already gave you, so I say.....

Good luck to you.

Rob43

·
Keeping it surreal
43,234 Posts
Wake up and smell the coffee, Mang....your current wheels are totally wrong for an E46 fitment, and there ain`t no voodoo in this universe that`ll make `em work properly.

Sell them on Craigslist, and get some replacement wheels that actually fit this model. Read the E46 Wiki, there`s a whole section dedicated to proper wheel & tire fitment....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts