BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Tire help

956 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  operknockity
Hello.

I have a question for you tire experts. Just took my 2003 325 in for its service inspection I and they just called and said I need to replace the tires.

I have sport package which is 17" rims (I think style 96), 8" width on all four.
He quoted me $975 to replace all four with OEM Conti's.

Should I shop around? or is this reasonable?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
$975 sounds pretty high, huh?

I've never owned a car this expensive (my previous was 1987 mazda pickup) so I really wasn't prepared when the service department called me with this quote. I do know that dealers tend to be the most expensive place to get tires.

I can do some research when I get a chance, I just needed a quick answer to give them while my car's already in the shop.

Thanks.
Bob in San Jose said:
Shop around!!!
Do not let them touch your tires. Get your car back and go to www.tirerack.com to get your tires. They deliver them pretty fast.
Rob325_in_AZ said:

I've never owned a car this expensive (my previous was 1987 mazda pickup) so I really wasn't prepared when the service department called me with this quote. I do know that dealers tend to be the most expensive place to get tires.

I can do some research when I get a chance, I just needed a quick answer to give them while my car's already in the shop.

Thanks.
Tires

Rob325_in_AZ said:
Hello.

I have a question for you tire experts. Just took my 2003 325 in for its service inspection I and they just called and said I need to replace the tires.

I have sport package which is 17" rims (I think style 96), 8" width on all four.
He quoted me $975 to replace all four with OEM Conti's.

Should I shop around? or is this reasonable?
Shop around....try discounttiredirect.com, tiredepot.com.
Outrageously high! Right now TireRack has that OEM tire (ContiSPortContacts 225/45WR17) for $115 per tire. So $460 for a set, plus some delivery charges, maybe some tax, and then mounting/balancing, and you'll have enough left over for at least 2 more tires!
Rob325_in_AZ said:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.