Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 X5 5.0i - I am getting “Tire Monitor Malfunction” notification. I have checked my tire pressure and reset twice. Still, I receive the warning. 1. Anyway to turn off, as I monitor tire pressure weekly. 2. Go have dealer track down which TPS is “bad”. What say ye?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,211 Posts
Most tire stores should have the ability to check TPMS sensors. Just dont let them tell you that all are bad ans suck $300 out of your wallet...

·
Registered
145 Posts
2012 X5 5.0i - I am getting “Tire Monitor Malfunction” notification. I have checked my tire pressure and reset twice. Still, I receive the warning. 1. Anyway to turn off, as I monitor tire pressure weekly. 2. Go have dealer track down which TPS is “bad”. What say ye?

I have the same car - there arent any tire sensors in this model - they use rotational speed of each wheel to determine if one of the tyres is flat/low pressure. Do you have the same tyre size on all 4 tyres?

2012 E70 X5 N63 50i

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,472 Posts
I have the same car - there arent any tire sensors in this model - they use rotational speed of each wheel to determine if one of the tyres is flat/low pressure. Do you have the same tyre size on all 4 tyres?

2012 E70 X5 N63 50i
I am so fortunate! I have both pressure monitoring systems FTM and TPM , and I have a dipstick AND oil level condition sensor.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,211 Posts

2012 E70 X5 N63 50i
you sure about that? In all markets, every X5 N63 all over the world?

(Its why there is a "Location" field for every BF member.......)

·
Registered
145 Posts
you sure about that? In all markets, every X5 N63 all over the world?

(Its why there is a "Location" field for every BF member.......)

Afaik - I could be wrong - if so happy to take it on the chin ;)

Edit: Looks like I’m wrong FTM and TPMS are different

2012 E70 X5 N63 50i

·
2010 BMW X5 35d
118 Posts
How to reset the FTM or turn off?

I just bought a set of Sport Wheels and they have the FTM system, and can anyone tell me how to reset or adjust on my standard X5 or just turn off the display, saying needing air? THANKS! Jim

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,472 Posts
No. Wheels have TPM. FTM is a DSC function. The feds mandate them.

·
2010 BMW X5 35d
118 Posts
Thank you!

THANK YOU for the information-Jim

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,211 Posts
I just bought a set of Sport Wheels and they have the FTM system, and can anyone tell me how to reset or adjust on my standard X5 or just turn off the display, saying needing air? THANKS! Jim
You would need to code out the TPMS from your cars configuration.

Better to just buy the proper sensors for your car.

And B4, TPMS is standard in the USA, an option in many other markets

1 - 14 of 14 Posts