BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I would start early and get my winter rubber on.
I don't drive the X1 a lot in the Fall, so it was nicer to slap them on with the warmer temps now
vs colder before the snow flies. :D
(I have separate wheels and rubber for winter)

I knew my OEM All season tires were getting close to the end and I thought I could get to use
them for one more summer going into 2017, but not the case. They are almost right on the markers.
I have 42K km's(26K miles) on the odometer and I would guess about 37K km's(23K miles) on the OEM rubber.
(Winter wear of course for the other 5K)
My OEM all seasons are the Continental ContiProContact's.

I still prefer RFT's, so I'm wondering what others have gone with after their OEM rubber has worn out. I have dedicated winters so I can go with another All Season tire, or a straight summer tire.

I have all winter to shop, but thought I would get the "shopping ball" rolling. :)

·
Northern BMW Fan
595 Posts
I've got the Goodyear Assurance Tripletread and I really like them. But that's without a dedicated winter setup. I had really good experience with Bridgestone RE760 Sport and would recommend them as well, but of course only with dedicated winters.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the Goodyear Assurance Tripletread and I really like them. But that's without a dedicated winter setup. I had really good experience with Bridgestone RE760 Sport and would recommend them as well, but of course only with dedicated winters.
Thanks Vstolpner, where did you get them from?

·
Northern BMW Fan
595 Posts
Craigslist for the Goodyear's.. got a great deal (balanced on a set of OEM wheels off of an E60) for $600 :-DDDD
And tire rack for the Bridgestones

·
Registered
538 Posts
I still prefer RFT's, so I'm wondering what others have gone with after their OEM rubber has worn out. I have dedicated winters so I can go with another All Season tire, or a straight summer tire.

I have all winter to shop, but thought I would get the "shopping ball" rolling. :)
I have the Pirelli P7 runflats on my 2014 s28i M Sport. I drove one day when it was snowing and temp was 30deg outside. Roads were slushy, and I never felt loose.

They are the best tires I've ever had (18k miles and fronts half worn, rears 2/3 worn), and are good enough for 5 track days on them.

I imagine they are close to traction of Michelin PSS, and very good in wet or dry.

I can't tell if they are rough since they are smooth on smooth roads.

However, I'm gonna buy MIchelin PSS next time to get lower profile, lose a few #'
s, and save a few $'s.

If I bought runflat my P7's would be the ones.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Pirelli P7 runflats on my 2014 s28i M Sport. I drove one day when it was snowing and temp was 30deg outside. Roads were slushy, and I never felt loose.

They are the best tires I've ever had (18k miles and fronts half worn, rears 2/3 worn), and are good enough for 5 track days on them.

I imagine they are close to traction of Michelin PSS, and very good in wet or dry.

I can't tell if they are rough since they are smooth on smooth roads.

However, I'm gonna buy MIchelin PSS next time to get lower profile, lose a few #'
s, and save a few $'s.

If I bought runflat my P7's would be the ones.
I have Pirelli snows and like them a lot. I'll have to check out the P7's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts