BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.....set my tires 35 fronts, 42 rears according to owners manual and placard on door jam. Had oil changed at dealer. Got car back, and because I'm anal, checked pressures and dealer had set to 32 front and 38 rear. Is there a service advisory for this? Dealers closed...figured I'd ask you guys.

·
Go Gators
10,339 Posts
Well the door jamb recommends that for maximum weight (like if you car is loaded down with fat ass people). 32/38 sounds about right to me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There are multiple recommended specs. depending on the tire size and expected load. I run the lower numbers for 4 passengers. The higher press. will give you a harsher ride, so go with those only if you haul a lot of people or cargo regularly.

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
I don't know how it it's supposed to be on the E65/66 (cars is not available right now), but I recently checked the pressure on my M5. The high psi-numbers are for a fully loaded car AND for speeds >100mph ONLY.

The standard psi (lower numbers) are recommended for all other scenarios (empty car, >100mph or fully loaded car <100mph). This is the more likely scenario (legally, you're not allowed to go >100mph), so my guess is that they take the lower psi-numbers...:dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts