BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 325i with sports package (Is it normal that I need to put air in my low profile tires every 2-3 weeks? I have 32psi in the front, 36psi in the rear....after few weeks of normal driving....they usually lose about 4-5 psi...is this normal? :rolleyes:

· Empowered Consumer
4,177 Posts
dream_machine said:
I have a 2004 325i with sports package (Is it normal that I need to put air in my low profile tires every 2-3 weeks? I have 32psi in the front, 36psi in the rear....after few weeks of normal driving....they usually lose about 4-5 psi...is this normal? :rolleyes:
No, it's not normal. You prolly have a slow leak.

Alex

903 Posts
This is NOT normal. No doubt about it.

Since your car is a 2004, I assume you are still with the original tires. Were they like that when you purchased it brand new? If yes, you should take it back to the dealer and have them check what the cause is. It's very unlikely that all 4 tires are doing the same. But if you're sure that you were measuring correctly and your tire guage is accurate, I suspect this may be due to faulty valve stems (very slow leak). In this case, they should be covered under warranty. This is just another wild guess as most other possibilities had already been mentioned.

· Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,915 Posts
dream_machine said:
I usually let the car sit overnight...and take the pressure in the morning while i let the car warm up a little....I live in southern CA...don't know if the weather has any effect on the tires?
Ambient temperatures affect the pressure quite a bit, in addition to operating temperature. If the outside temp is 60 degrees 1 day then 70 the next you'll see a difference. But, if you're seeing a consistent loss of pressure, it would seem you have some type of leak -- maybe the valve stems?

EDIT: Whoops, I see the stems were just mentioned in the previous post -- oh well...

· Registered
382 Posts
I was having a problem with my tires making noise. The dealer said my tire pressure was too low on my run flats - although the light never came on. I usually check the tires every two months or so and have to add air. The dealer said BMW recommends checking them every 2 weeks and they do lose air. Ugh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.