BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for me to replace the current set on my 2011 535 - Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring). I called the dealership and they quoted me $300 a tire and with installation the total came to $1,500. Sam's will do it for $946 after the rebate. All the other tire places were within $100 of their quote. I don't understand why a dealership would upcharge that much. I put the goodyear on because I hated the run flats. It was comfortable, quiet and lasted over 70k miles. Any recommendations on another tire? I don't have the sport option so didn't see the need for a performance tire.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's time for me to replace the current set on my 2011 535 - Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring). I called the dealership and they quoted me $300 a tire and with installation the total came to $1,500. Sam's will do it for $946 after the rebate. All the other tire places were within $100 of their quote. I don't understand why a dealership would upcharge that much. I put the goodyear on because I hated the run flats. It was comfortable, quiet and lasted over 70k miles. Any recommendations on another tire? I don't have the sport option so didn't see the need for a performance tire.
I don't know if it will work for you but I got a quote from Costco for my tires including installation & my dealer matched it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I don't know if it will work for you but I got a quote from Costco for my tires including installation & my dealer matched it.
Never thought of having dealer match Costco cost of tires and installation. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully my dealer will match both. I know they will match tire prices from online like tirerack but I never thought to ask about the installation match.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Never thought of having dealer match Costco cost of tires and installation. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully my dealer will match both. I know they will match tire prices from online like tirerack but I never thought to ask about the installation match.
I hope it works for you. gl

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had Costco put Michelin Pilots on my 2010 528.....with $70 rebate! Worked fine for me.
And don't forget Costco's road hazard. Wifey gashed one on a curb about 10,000 miles later. Total cost for new tire, mounted and balanced....$20 !!!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I've read that many COSTCO customers are happy with their availability of proper tires and correct installation. Most are very happy with the included "warranty". Some, however, have not been satisfied with one or more of those 'details"
Now, substitute BMW Dealer Service Center for COSTCO ... ;-)

In my experience 20+ years buying and servicing at the same BMW dealer is:

"YES" - they are (often) more expensive than either INDY or "Big-Box" / Large retail / Mail-order ... but ... IMHO, they "service" more BMWs in a month than COSTCO services in a year. It may be silly on my part but I really don't want someone working on my car who spent 98% of his/her weeks' time servicing a Ford Focus (not to bash a Focus if you are thinking that!) or a Chevy Malibu.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
bashing drivers

How come it are allways females who seem to demolish car pieces?
:eeps:

Because BMW drivers are sexist dogs! :eek: :yikes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I purchased a set of Bridgestone Driveguard's from Costco a couple/3 months ago for something like $866 out the door (with the $70 rebate). I couldn't be happier. There was an issue with the TPMS sensors; but that is a different story...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Dealer installed 19" DriveGuards, price was same as Costco or TireRack. Even better because they applied a 10% service coupon since over $1000

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i called the dealership yesterday and asked my advisor why his quote was $58 more per tire. His response was "they don't buy those tires in bulk and can't get a discount" which makes no sense. If every single other place can quote me $242 per tire why can't BMW? I could understand paying more for installation or the labor associated with a service but tires are tires. I know they don't care but its really frustrating knowing my wife just got a 2017 from the same dealership. You would think they would want to take care of a good customer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts