BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called tire rack twice today because my tires need changing after just 13,000 miles on them. I have a 2009 E92 and have 19" rims on them. Tire rack said that the only non run flats that will fit my rims are the Yokohama Avis and Khumos. I currently have Bridgestone RE050s on them and they do not make them as non run flats for my 19"s. How is this possible?!?! So unfortunately I have to get run flats still if I want performance tires that fit my rims or go 1" up in my rims and get 20s. But I actually like my rims.

The insides if my tires are already bald, at just 13k miles

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the bad experience was that twice I called them and twice they said that they had plenty of non run flats that fit my car, but they didn't know what the heck they were talking about. One guy told me that they have brand new SO4 pole position tires that will fit my car, PERFECT!! but then I called them again and said that they have no tires other than those 2 brands mentioned earlier and I'm def not getting those. So it looks like I'm stuck with the run flats if I want a performance tire that fit my rims :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
So the bad experience was that twice I called them and twice they said that they had plenty of non run flats that fit my car, but they didn't know what the heck they were talking about. One guy told me that they have brand new SO4 pole position tires that will fit my car, PERFECT!! but then I called them again and said that they have no tires other than those 2 brands mentioned earlier and I'm def not getting those. So it looks like I'm stuck with the run flats if I want a performance tire that fit my rims :(
I haven't spoken with anyone today about this. What tire sizes are you referring to? The OE sizes of 225/35R19 and 255/30R19. If so, the selection is very limited. Kumho, Michelin and Yokohama are the only non runflats currently available. For runflat tires we have the OE Bridgestones and the Pirelli Pzero RFT .

Tires http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AB2&url=/tires/index.jsp

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are my size tires. I spoke to Kyle this morning he said that they have new pole position SO4s that are available. Then when I went down to my tire guy and called tire rack again, another guy said that the only available non run flats in my size with the yokohamas and the khumo.

I'm only interested in the Bridgestones. What model is it that you have available in my size in NON run flats?

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
I wouldn't rack my brain over it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Those are my size tires. I spoke to Kyle this morning he said that they have new pole position SO4s that are available. Then when I went down to my tire guy and called tire rack again, another guy said that the only available non run flats in my size with the yokohamas and the khumo.

I'm only interested in the Bridgestones. What model is it that you have available in my size in NON run flats?
In those sizes, Bridgestone does not make the S04, sorry. Bridgestone makes no matching non runflat tires in those sizes.

·
East Coast Commuter
4,675 Posts

BMW_Gal I suggest you do what I do...contact Gary directly. Gary is the Bimmerfest rep for Tire Rack and he and I have a relationship going back several years. I have never once talked to an ordinary Tire Rack rep and I only deal with Gary. Several benefits to this and the main one is that Gary is a BMW guy, he drives BMW's and knows more about our cars than the average Tire Rack reps. I think your frustration wil go away if you just call Gary at his direct extension or email him like I do. Good luck.

Lastly, my personal advice for your 19's is to put on the Yokohama S Drives and take the run flats off until your lease is up and then put the run flats back on to turn it in. They are good tires and will give a similar driving experience to your run flats. You ll need to change all 4 though. BTW...13k miles on the rears on your car is not unusual for 19's, but it is a little premature. I suspect your tire pressures were a little too low. You need to be running 37-38 psi (cold) on the rears and 35 psi (cold) on the fronts to help with that negative camber wear you are experiencing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.