BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and would like to ask the following question. I have an '02 745i with 19" Michelin Primacy rear tires. I'd like to replace them, but would like to get recommendations from the group. Speed rating is not as important to me as quite, comfort and performance. I've heard that Hankook tires are pretty good, but don't have any experience with them. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Eddie

·
Registered
313 Posts
Check out the reviews on tirerack.com... I've been eyeing the Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds as my next set as it seems to have some pretty good reviews and high ratings for wet, dry, and even snow - plus there's an 80K mile warranty. My current OEM Bridgestone Turanza's suck... they are noisy, are probably out of round (vibrations that I just can't get rid of even w/ road-force balancing), and tread doesn't last long...

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Falken FK-452 would probably be the best you would find. I have them :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just relaced my Pirellis wth Kumho Ecsta.
Firmer ride w/o being harsh. Put them on 91 535 , and 560SL I've tried others and keep coming back to Kumho from Tire Rack
D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I love the stock Pirelli Rosso tires that came on the car. 70k+ out of a set. I bought another set for sure!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I love the stock Pirelli Rosso tires that came on the car. 70k+ out of a set. I bought another set for sure!
don't get me wrong ! the pirelli's on mine are doing a fine job and wear rate is excellent ! BUT at £300 a corner i can't justify spending on them ! i can get falkens as a set of four for the price of two pirelli ! and after looking into feedback for all tyres this size , there are no reason's to go for an expensive make like pirelli as it seems ALL tyres of this size have excellent tread life !!

·
Registered
530 Posts
if the other brands get you 70k+ then go for it. I just do not want to pay half price for a set of tires then have to change them out twice as often! My Porsche has finished the 18's in the rear at 10k. Cheaper tires but I am going to need a lot more of them!

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I just relaced my Pirellis wth Kumho Ecsta.
Firmer ride w/o being harsh. Put them on 91 535 , and 560SL I've tried others and keep coming back to Kumho from Tire Rack
D
I had kuhmo Esta's before, they stuck really well esp with the torque of the v12, but the steering was VERY heavy with them.

Whatever you do, don't buy the Michelin Pilot Sport Plus A/S, they suck donkey balls! With 10K on them I've worn them down nearly to half, they don't stick very well, have soft sidewalls so turning is mushy. Only plus over the kumho's are that they don't flat spot as much and are slightly quieter. However I lost a good 1.5 MPG by getting the stupid Michelins, don't get them!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Judd how do you get 70k on one set of tires? I have never heard of that on these 19s ? I get 30k on the michelin primacy and thats with an alignmetn every time i put on a set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts