BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have switched to non-RF tires and kept their BMW wheels with the TPMS sensors, some may have purchased the ContiComfortKit, or other type of canned sealant for emergencies. After some research, I note that most, if not all tire sealants carry a warning that they are not to be used with any wheel where a 'direct' type TPMS sensor has been installed, as the 'goo' will clog up the valve and render the sensor useless. Cost of replacement (TPMS, tire dismounting, etc.) could get expensive. Chances of needing to use the sealant? Slim, we hope.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
There was a long thread on this awhile back. Concensus seemed to be (except for those who don't need the trunk space & carry a spare, jack & tools) that inflating the tire with a 12 volt compressor was the first thing to try - although you might have to do this repeatedly to get to a repair facility. Second, trying to fix the leak with a plug kit, and as a last resort, using the goo.
So far, simply carrying the compressor and plug kit has warded off flats for me.

Tom

·
Registered
417 Posts
i have compressor in my car, i might buy the wheel kit, so far so good. RFTs are not repaired at many places so it is not real safe anyway, i decided to use non RFT, at least they are comfortable, not noisy and last longer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.