BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: I just got back from the dealer so I am not happy..

Earlier today, my Flat Tire indicator came on. Took it to the dealer and they found a nail in the tire. They pointed out that BMW doesn't recommend repairing tires (I've got run flats at the moment). They also showed me where that same tire had been patched before by the previous owner (Yes, I plan to call dealership that I bought this CPO car from tomorrow.. they should've caught that when they were certifying my car).

I had the tire replaced and right now it doesn't feel good to have spent $635 on a single tire.

So my questions for the board.
1) How can I get tire warranty for this car ? I wasn't offered it when I bought this CPO from the BMW dealership
2) Where can I get a spare tire. I may eventually go to non run flats with a can of fix a flat in the back.
3) What do I loose by moving away from run flats.

Any advice on this topic is appreciate.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
While my reply may not be popular, I puchased ever-so-slightly used RFTs on ebay from local dealers (I inspected the tires before taking them). All had 9/32" of tread (practically new), one had been repaired (I checked the inside of the tire walls - there should be a crease if the tire has been run on when "flat" and this one was as smooth inside as a baby's bottom). I've been running on them now for aout 7K miles with no issues. I paid $150 a tire.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My car was two weeks old when I lost a tire. The dealer charged me about $530 for the tire and install. I still have runflats and have not purchased the insurance...although the dealer said I could at any time. I had insurance on my audi and had a heck of time getting reimbursed. However others on this board have had no issues with the insurance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts