BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a picture or idea? Want to replace the damaged one. I'm being asked for the bar code and the 10 digits above the bar code. Well since it's damaged, we see 5 digits and have no idea what is missing on the bar code because it's damaged!

Attached is a pic our damaged label. Tires 225/45 R17

The bar code and numbers are scraped due to a seat belt buckle getting slammed between the door and framed when it was shut!

BMW no longer has the replacement. I've ordered it from 3 different dealers who showed they had it, the order taken and then the reply, no longer avail. I called US Corp. who also confirmed for us that the US dealers all get their parts from the same location so it is no longer available. (Yep...I asked if I could contact Germany for it.) Nope....told that's where this originates so if dealers can't get, about 10 yrs they stop making some items. No way...we have replaced lots of items with no issue. Of course they were more costly than this label/decal.

Not happy...have replaced so many items to get our new toy looking perfect and the damaged label is an eyesore.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why do you need the barcode and numbers off of a tire inflation sticker? A dealership can pull up any info you need about the car using your VIN.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My guess is he just wants the sticker to make the car more factory perfect. Anything that can be fixed he wants done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts