BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I got a 07 335 cab (18" sport package) and I need to replace all fours. I really don't want to buy the Potenza RFTs for this car. Are there any other alternative tires you guys would recommend that have a good mix of price and performance. I live in the Toronto area, so a local tire source would be ideal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually park it during the winter because of the salt on the roads, so all seasons are what I'm looking for.

·
Chicks dig Wagons!
4,846 Posts
I actually park it during the winter because of the salt on the roads, so all seasons are what I'm looking for.
In that case, why not just get summer tires?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
If you insist on all-seasons and don't want RFTs, I'd recommend the Continental Extreme Contact DWS.

Tom

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
If you insist on all-seasons and don't want RFTs, I'd recommend the Continental Extreme Contact DWS.

Tom
I would second that recommendation. :thumbup:

And you can't go wrong with Michelin PS A/S either. The Yokohama Advan S.4 is also getting very good reviews and is, price-wise, usually between the Contis and the Michelins.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I heard a lot of great things about the Conti's, but decided to go for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. I love them. They handle great, and were not too much more than the Conti's. Either way I think you would be in a great position for your area. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I decided to stick to a summer tire and ended up purchasing the Yokohama S. Drives. I've read some mixed reviews on the tire. The overall rating by users on tirerack.com was an 8.1, however a review from Car and Driver had less than nice things to say about it's grip on their skidpad.

I did get the tires for a pretty good price (in relation to pricing in Canada). I got a set of rear tires for $362US (255/35/18). Shipping was free, however customs and all other applicable taxes was an additional $40US for each tire. You can also negotiate and get a $10 warranty (it's normally $20 a tire, but they'll drop the price if you ask) for each tire that will cover you if you hit a pothole, get a nail in the tire etc, up until the tread is worn out. If you're Canadian, take note you will still have to pay for customs and all other applicable taxes for the replacement tire, which is $40 per passenger car tire. By the way, they also ship free to all the lower 48 US states. Name of the company is Discount tire direct and the number is 1-888-459-4081.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts