BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what condition the tires should be when returning the leased X3.
Like how much tread they will accept. If the tread is lower do they charge for a New set or prorated price, I dont want to give them an X3 with New tires after 36K miles.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
As part of your lease return kit, you will be given a guage and specific details.

Read this:

[Do not have] Less than 1/8-inch (3-mm) tread depth from the lowest depth not on the wear bar, as measured by the BMW Inspection Wheel. (The blue line on the wheel is showing.)
and look at:

http://fs.bmwusa.com/BMWFSPulp/VEHLEA_Safety.htm

·
Registered
307 Posts
All 4 tires must also be the same brand, model, and size.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And what about Windows Tinting. I Tint my front windows, how will that affect the lease.

Presence of aftermarket tinted windows voids the BMW Lease-End Inspection Form and results in an additional inspection by a third party with a different set of standards.

does the tires has to be OEM

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
And what about Windows Tinting. I Tint my front windows, how will that affect the lease.

Presence of aftermarket tinted windows voids the BMW Lease-End Inspection Form and results in an additional inspection by a third party with a different set of standards.

does the tires has to be OEM
1. Tint: read the web page.

2. Tires: Not necessarily OE or even OEM--just the equivalent rating or better.

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts

2. Tires: Not necessarily OE or even OEM--just the equivalent rating or better.
+1 They can ding you if you don't match or exceed the speed and load ratings.

Dealers like to see Continental/Pirelli/Michelin tires. If you've got four great tires, they may overlook other things.

Check how much BMW FS will charge for tires. It may be cheaper/easier to let them bill you.

Dealers in some markets will overlook professional tinting in good condition. If they know they won't have trouble reselling the car, they won't care about the tint. I'd ask for a courtesy inspection first. That way you will know if you need to remove the tint. Next lease order privacy glass.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was looking at these 2 tires from Pirelli If I decided to change them now and dont wait till end. I am getting bad noise from my current OEM Turanzas.

1) Pirelli PZero Nero M&S PINNA
Ratings: 98W

'98' (weight) is less rated so dont know it will pass the inspection

2) Pirelli Scorpion STR
Ratings: 99H

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Step 1: Read this-- http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2885219&posted=1#post2885219 and the responses in that thread. (Don't miss the link back to this forum and the pix.)

Step 2: My solution-- I stayed with Pirellis, but not with the recommended Scorpions or Zero Neros. My local tire dealer got me a rather good deal on four P6 All-seasons in the right size and rating. (I don't know if they are still in production.) If anything, they rode better than the OE Scorpions, and I had a good 5+ months on them. I just turned in the car two weeks ago, and the dealer thought they were great.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
As part of your lease return kit, you will be given a guage and specific details.
What lease return kit? My lease was over two weeks ago and I'm extending it another month or two. I never got a lease return kit..I have 24,000 miles on 18" Scorpions..I sure hope they have enough tread

Step 2: My solution-- I stayed with Pirellis, but not with the recommended Scorpions or Zero Neros.
What's wrong with P-Zeros? I ordered them on my new car

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
1. What lease return kit? My lease was over two weeks ago and I'm extending it another month or two. I never got a lease return kit..I have 24,000 miles on 18" Scorpions..I sure hope they have enough tread

2. What's wrong with P-Zeros? I ordered them on my new car
1. Came in the mail from BMWFS, with a nice tire & ding guage as well as forms that indicated the various possible charges. Look at the web page in Post #2 above.

2. Nothing. My "solution" was cheaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts