BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for new tires for a 323i sports package. I want comfort and a decent ride. Currently I have Hanook winters 225 50 16 , I am also looking at new rims..maybe purchase as a package. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Since your main criteria are "decent ride & comfort", why did you get the sport package? However, you might consider the Conti Extreme DWS as they provide a very comfortable ride, good handling and long tread life. In addition, it may relieve you of the need to do a winter changeover, if the roads are well plowed in your area.

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...enjpyed the performance of the sports package for awhile but now looking for some balance..getting older,,I love the car too much to change it out...

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Thanks...enjpyed the performance of the sports package for awhile but now looking for some balance..getting older,,I love the car too much to change it out...
Of course, we're not sure if you're in Quebec where winter tires are mandatory. The Conti DWS (all season tire) has both a mileage and road hazard warranty in the U.S.; not sure about Canada. I doubt that it is stamped with the 'mountain snowflake' icon, but Transport Canada is suspicious of "all season" type tires that carry the icon already as you may well know, threatening higher snow tire testing standards to qualify for the MS icon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts