BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got $500 holding my place in line for what the CA says will be the first (who really knows) 2008 335i in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Thinking about upgrading to the 19" style 230's as I love the way they look. Question is, which tires will come on these 230's? Will these be all seasons, or summer only tires?

Given the winters around here and no AWD, I'm thinking I'll need to hit up tirerack.com for winter tires, hoping the 230's come with summer tires. Thoughts? :dunno:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, so my wife's '06 325xi has RFT's also, but all seasons I think. I'm no tire expert, don't RFT come in summer, all season and weather varieties?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there big differences in ride comfort between the style 189 and the style 230. i know 230 is in 19's and lower profile. but are the difference significant?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to be the first one...

There will be no 19" style 230 option in US according to a dealer with whom I just spoke. A memo just came out - all orders will be modified to style 189.:cry:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I still can't belive the only change for 2008 335i was taken away. It's already been removed from Owners Circle on my order.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I don't get why the whole world gets that option and us Americans are not worthy of 1" bigger wheels - what the hell? Is it because it needs to be inferior to the M3 with it's 19's? Makes no sense, instead of a 1000 option, you have to pay 2500 for the rims + tires after you get the car, what a rip!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tires on '08 335xi with 18's

Gents, I've got an 08 335xi on order with the sport package and I'm in Chicago as well. (BTW, there were NO 07's available ANYWHERE that weren't Silver...and it seems as thought everything's silver lately!)

According to BMW, my car won't be ready until mid-Oct. So, Im also looking for some feedback on my options for a performance winter wheel and tire package (I agree, all seasons are NOT good enough for our winters.) Sure, the X will give me some additional control but there's nothing like a pair of good winter tires.

Here's my thoughts...since my dealer will store the 18's over the winter, I'll swap out them out right away to avoid any curb rash. I'm thinking I'll add a 17 inch wheel and tire package (tirerack, finishline?) for maximum ride and control since I do lot's of driving for business.

Here's the hard part. I don't have a clue what will look as good as the original 18's? Most importantly, which wheel & winter tire brand won't limit by car's performance

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
-Benve.

·
Registered
28 Posts
M6 rims on the 335i

how much would it cost to add these rims to your car. Is there any way to get them from the dealer for a 1000-2000 premium like like the 230 style rims

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just talked to a sales associate. The quoted me 5000 dollars since he had to do an after market replacement. :cry:.................does this sound about right

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just talked to a sales associate. The quoted me 5000 dollars since he had to do an after market replacement. :cry:.................does this sound about right
I saw a car on the showroom floor last week with dealer installed 19" tires and rims. The added cost was $5385.00. Also there are few manufactures that make the tires for the 19" rims. So they get you now and when you need to get replacements later. They look great but not worth all that cash.:thumbdwn:

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
Well I have a set of almost new M3 19" (2005 M3) with Conti's that are almost new that I bought for 1150 bucks.
Yes new is nice but these are virtually new and no blems and not replicas. I thought about the same thing and I should be installing these in a couple weeks before I swap my M3 north and my E93 south. I am no fan of the RFT Contis on the car, harsh is all I can say.

You might consider finding a genuine set of 19" from an M3 if you want 19" unless the factory relents which they will not most likely...

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is the difference in quality of a good set of replica rims vs factory originals.

Can anyone with a set of replica bmw rims coment on the quality?????

Thanks again guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts