Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a bmw m240 I manual that came stock with Michelin 245/35zr18 and 225/40zr18 in the front.recently accidentally bought 4 of the 245/35zr18. Can the 245/35zr18 replace the 225/40zr18 in the front ?

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,645 Posts
Define "can". They likely will fit the rim but will look pinched (especially compared to the rears because the rims are staggered), at least you'll have lots of protection against curb rash. As to fitting on the car, do you have at least 10mm clearance to the strut and to the fender with the current tires?
Now should you put those on? I wouldn't, too big up front for a little car with staggered rims.

Posted through Tapatalk downloaded to my neural implant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Before I bought Michelin tires from 4WheelOnline, they gave me some advice on what tires I should get for my car. Fortunately, I followed their recommendations on what to purchase because they are perfect for my car.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,121 Posts
Put the extra two in stock. Buy 2 of the correct size. In `40k miles you will have two tires ready to go.

I would NOT mount them on the incorrect rim. A fat tire on a narrower rim may not have the correct rolling diameter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts