BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My bucket list of cars...
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any benefit of the titanium exhausts? I'm getting ready to place an order for my build and my wife(!) liked the way it looks and sanctioned it. But do I get any performance boost? And does it sound better?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Exhaust Mmmmmmmmmm

I have the BMW performance exhaust. I would highly recommend it. The sound is intoxicating. It takes a stock M3 to a higher level. Just my 2C. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the M Performance Exhaust on my M4 convertible. It sounds amazing. Yes lighter but IMHO sounds way better than stock. Not cheap and full disclosure I wasn't planning to order it but my order was messed up and my dealer found me the car I got which already had it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the M Performance exhaust and the main comment I have about it is it sounds amazing.

There is however a catch (and I wonder if others have noticed this as well). It has to heat up to stop rattling. I have taken it in to BMW service and they said it's normal. But for the first 5 minutes after startup it is hella loud.

If you can however stand that 5 minutes, the sound it makes when downshifting is life changing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did any of you guys compared the M-Performance exhaust with the Dinan ....just curious of the reason why you selected the M-Performance unit....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the M Performance exhaust and the main comment I have about it is it sounds amazing.

There is however a catch (and I wonder if others have noticed this as well). It has to heat up to stop rattling. I have taken it in to BMW service and they said it's normal. But for the first 5 minutes after startup it is hella loud.

If you can however stand that 5 minutes, the sound it makes when downshifting is life changing.
Hey Scoop..I had a similar issue with my Magnaflow exhaust. Try taking off the bracket that clamps the two pipes together at the 110 degree bend (I think right after the secondary CATS) and see if that takes away that vibration/rattle you hear away.

Let me know if that resolves your problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where is the M performance exhaust as an option? I don't see it on the BMW site when I spec out an M3. Is it part of the competition package, or is this a dealer installed option?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm sorry, I can't answer that question but I'm sure a lot of guys on here would know. Mine was not manufactured by BMW but by Magnaflow.

·
My bucket list of cars...
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Talk to your dealer. Its a $4,600 (I think) option that your dealer can add. Several options do not show up on the website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts