Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why the Titanium trim is not available on my new (wk46) 330cic sport?

The only trim option I can have is either the Silver Alu Cube or the Black Alu Cube.

Because the interior is black leather I wanted the Titanium trim on the dash - but can't have it :(

Anyone shed some light on the situation?

Cheers
 

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
Joined
·
7,078 Posts
I'm sure you can probably find someone to trade with who wants the silver alum trim.... :bigpimp:
 

·
2016 Alpine White M2
Joined
·
378 Posts
Both of the trims that you describe are offered on the 330ci M sport model in Canada which you brits call the club sport.The titanium trim is the standard trim on the M3 and is not offered on the 330ci .You should be able to order the aluminum trim.It is an option on the 330ci in Canada,i don't blame you for not wanting the aluminum cube or black cube,they look awful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh!

I know, it's annoying to think that i'm paying over £32k for a top line car and you get lumbered with a crappy alu cube interior.

I've had a quote from the dealer to change the interior to a solid Aluminium type (Titan II - I think??) after the car arrives - they reckon on around £450 GBP for the full conversion (dash, tv surround, gear gator, doors, etc.)

Really annoyed now!

Anyone in the UK want to trade Silver Alu Cube with Solid Titan II trim? :cry:

If anyone has any more pics of the other types of Alu/Titan trims please post on this thread.

:bawling:
 

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
Joined
·
7,078 Posts
Shades said:
Both of the trims that you describe are offered on the 330ci M sport model in Canada which you brits call the club sport.The titanium trim is the standard trim on the M3 and is not offered on the 330ci .You should be able to order the aluminum trim.It is an option on the 330ci in Canada,i don't blame you for not wanting the aluminum cube or black cube,they look awful.
Hmm... must be different up there in Canada.... Titanium is the standard interior trim on the 330Ci down here in the US last I checked... and the standard interior trim in the M3 here is the blackish "shadowline"? :dunno:

But then again, you guys get certain colors as standard color choices there that we don't... :cry:

different interior choices too...

:(
 

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
Joined
·
7,078 Posts
icemanbmw said:
Why can't BMW have a standard set of bloody options throughout the world!

Start now - rally your dealer :bigpimp:
Here here....

my friends and I have pondered that same question many times before.... :dunno:
 

·
2016 Alpine White M2
Joined
·
378 Posts
doeboy said:


Hmm... must be different up there in Canada.... Titanium is the standard interior trim on the 330Ci down here in the US last I checked... and the standard interior trim in the M3 here is the blackish "shadowline"? :dunno:

But then again, you guys get certain colors as standard color choices there that we don't... :cry:

different interior choices too...

:(
Your correct,the titanium trim is the standard trim on the 330ci.The M3 trim is called Titanium Shadow Trim.
 

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
Joined
·
7,078 Posts
Shades said:
Your correct,the titanium trim is the standard trim on the 330ci.The M3 trim is called Titanium Shadow Trim.
I see.... cool.... I wonder how different they look.... does it look nice?
 

·
2016 Alpine White M2
Joined
·
378 Posts
doeboy said:


I see.... cool.... I wonder how different they look.... does it look nice?
Are you talking about the difference between the aluminum shadow trim and the titanium shadow trim on the M3?The aluminum shadow trim is very bright silver colour,so bright i would almost describe it as ice silver.They offered this option on the first SMG M3's that came into Canada in April.It is a $450 Canadian dollar option.I still prefer the titanium shadow trim ,it just depends on your taste.Don't you have the aluminum shadow trim in the US on the M3 now?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top