BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had front tires replaced on 2006 325i? Tires wore uneven and Bridgstone replaced one for free and one at cost. However, now they are saying I should get it aligned within the next 500 miles. Checked with my dealer and an alignment is $290! The tire dealership I went to wouldn't align it stating that it is something BMW should do ... OK. I am the only driver of the car and don't really think there is an alignment issue - doesn't pull much to either side.
What I want to know is how can I tell whether it needs an alignment? And why should I spend $300 on an alignment when the tires cost $350?

Thankx in advance.

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
2006 325 and you already replaced the tires?? How many miles did they last? Do you race or autocross? Do you keep your tires inflated correctly?

If you wore out a set of tires in <15,000 miles of normal driving, something is wrong.

Car doesn't have to pull to be out of alignment.

And why should I spend $300 on an alignment when the tires cost $350?
Because if the car is out of alignment, you will be buying tires every year.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
Andrew*Debbie said:
2006 325 and you already replaced the tires?? How many miles did they last?
:stupid: I'd have the alignment unless you had a ridiculous number of miles on your car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New tires because, according to Bridgestone, they wore "improperly". They covered one and got the other at cost with no charges for mounting, balancing, etc.. Not bad for under $200.

Car had less than 12000 miles when I really started noticing tremendous amount of road noise. Being new to the BMW world I think it was probably a tire pressure issue.

·
Livin' like Larry!
8,850 Posts
I had The Tire Shop in Leesburg, VA align my car... its about $100 for a four-wheel alignment... Car handles fine, no problems with tire wear... :thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jsut called and cofirmed ... guy sounded real knowledgable. Cost about $100. Have appt. for Friday morning ... thanx!!!

·
Livin' like Larry!
8,850 Posts
nww2bmw said:
jsut called and cofirmed ... guy sounded real knowledgable. Cost about $100. Have appt. for Friday morning ... thanx!!!
I don't think you will, but if you have any problems, talk to Rusty... he's a good guy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire appt. went well. Front was not out of alignment but rear was out slightly. Less than an hour in and out. $100. Thankx again for the tip!

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
nww2bmw said:
Car had less than 12000 miles when I really started noticing tremendous amount of road noise. Being new to the BMW world I think it was probably a tire pressure issue.
Could be. I'd keep an eye on things. I would measure tread wear over the next few months.

All three BMWs we've owned wear the front and rear tires at about the same rate. We get at least 35,000 miles on a set of of four.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Russel BMW has coupons for a four wheel alignment for $89.95 every so often. And guy there is very knowledgeable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts