BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just another Gear Head!
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been searching for a while for a manual 335xi coupe to swap my automatic 328xi coupe on. My car is black/black/wood trim with sport/premium/cold weather/logic 7/dakota leather/bluetooth etc with 27K miles, CPO'd until 2013.
An 08 335xi manual coupe just off lease hit my local dealers lot with 28K miles. I've done some research on it and the HPFP recall was just performed with injectors and pump. It has had three oil changes. No other problems in its history except a bulb. It is very clean and cared for with not so much as a scratch under the front spoiler! It is also a CPO until 02/2014 The issues I have are as follows:
It is RED!! with black interior and aluminum trim.
No premium package! Major Bummer.
Leatherette seats!
No Bluetooth
It does have Sport/Cold weather and Logic 7 with Sirius
It is on sale for $33,900 which seems like a pretty good deal.
My original plan was to wait until the 2012 redesign becomes more defined and then order either the new one or the current body style just the way I want them. But obviously that will be a lot more money!
So far I have decided to stick with my original plan but I feel like I'm missing out on a great opportunity. What do you guys/gals think? Thanks

·
SpoolinU
65 Posts
In May of 2010 I picked up my CPO 2008 335xi Auto,with sport, prem, nav, logic 7,etc... it was the same deal as yours.... 2 year lease with 22k and clean as they come! Dealer was asking 36K and I walked out with it for $34,800 CPO'd until 2/14. Mine did not have the injectors or HPFP changed. 6 months later... Limp Mode and they performed the service. Not really a big hassel.

See if you can offer 32K and wait!.. you will go back nd forth a bit but you should be able to get it close to 32K.

Good Luck!

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
The issues I have are as follows:
  • It is RED!! with black interior and aluminum trim.
  • No premium package! Major Bummer.
  • Leatherette seats!
  • No Bluetooth
What do you guys/gals think? Thanks
  • It's red, and apparently you don't like RED!!
  • It doesn't have the Premium Package and you think that's a Major Bummer
  • It has leatherette seats and apparently you'd rather have leather
  • It doesn't have Bluetooth which seems like a really good idea going forward
Unless you're willing to make these seemingly big compromises because you think it's a good deal, then don't buy it and wait for something better to come along. It's not a good deal if it isn't what you want.

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
  • It's red, and apparently you don't like RED!!
  • It doesn't have the Premium Package and you think that's a Major Bummer
  • It has leatherette seats and apparently you'd rather have leather
  • It doesn't have Bluetooth which seems like a really good idea going forward
Unless you're willing to make these seemingly big compromises because you think it's a good deal, then don't buy it and wait for something better to come along. It's not a good deal if it isn't what you want.
Agreed! All of da above.
I myself will never...ever...ever own a red car.
But if you like color cordinated your Red Hot BMW....
May I suggest : Red lipstick in Geisha Red number 335 :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
The issues I have are as follows:
Leatherette seats!
No Bluetooth
Personally I would never get a red car. No disrespect to ppl with red cars but I just wouldn't be able to walk out to my car everyday if it was red...it just doesn't look good as an exterior color
Premium package is definitely nice to have
Leatherette in a BMW just seems wrong to me.....it's a luxury brand....leatherette is for American/base japanese cars IMO
Bluetooth is an awesome feature seeing as it is now illegal to talk on you phone and drive in Calgary

The is is however just my opinion but it sounds like your not completely sold on the car either....I'd wait for one that you actually love.....I searched for months till I found my car and I saw a few potential cars along the way but the car I bought was fully loaded and in better condition then any of the ones I saw before so I'm glad I waited

·
Not Here Anymore
5,203 Posts
So I've been searching for a while for a manual 335xi coupe to swap my automatic 328xi coupe on. My car is black/black/wood trim with sport/premium/cold weather/logic 7/dakota leather/bluetooth etc with 27K miles, CPO'd until 2013.
An 08 335xi manual coupe just off lease hit my local dealers lot with 28K miles. I've done some research on it and the HPFP recall was just performed with injectors and pump. It has had three oil changes. No other problems in its history except a bulb. It is very clean and cared for with not so much as a scratch under the front spoiler! It is also a CPO until 02/2014 The issues I have are as follows:
Leatherette seats!
No Bluetooth
It does have Sport/Cold weather and Logic 7 with Sirius
It is on sale for $33,900 which seems like a pretty good deal.
My original plan was to wait until the 2012 redesign becomes more defined and then order either the new one or the current body style just the way I want them. But obviously that will be a lot more money!
So far I have decided to stick with my original plan but I feel like I'm missing out on a great opportunity. What do you guys/gals think? Thanks
The Import Warehouse has a jet black on black 335xi equipped with premium, cold weather, sport, Sirus, and manual for $28,900. It has 40K and doesn't appear to be CPO but looks like it might be worth taking a look.

Oops...didn't realize you were looking for a coupe.

·
<- Bailey
7,656 Posts
Don't buy it. It sounds like you don't want what it has, and you have to look at it. Wait for another car, since the color seems to matter to you.

·
wooohooo
2,909 Posts
Yeah, I sort of went through this a couple of years ago when I found a good deal on a used red e92 6MT. I was talking with my friend about it (who has a red car), and he basically said, "Well, red is a commitment".

The car I eventually found and now own only has the sport package, is space gray, with saddle brown dakota and aluminum. It might have been nice to have BT, but I really don't worry about it. The garage opener thingy could be nice too, but I don't worry about that either. I have my opener in the side door compartment, and I have a bluant that goes on my visor, that I pull out maybe once every few months. The car is gorgeous (particularly on the inside), and it had very low miles (under 14k), and it was very importantly to me, 6MT. My heart stopped when I saw it, and I bought it that very day. :) I had been shopping for a long time too.

Keep waiting I say.

edit: shoot, I failed to mention it, but the red e92 was fully loaded, cold/premium/sport/idrive everything the rear sensors yada yada. I am sure that I am happier with my relatively bare bones space gray. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts