BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buying a 2015 X5 50 w/20K miles in pristine condition except CPO report shows need for front and back brake rotors & pad maint in approx 3K miles (i.e. soon). Would like advice whether $3,400 dealer service contract is better option than a local BMW specialty mechanic shop for first 36 month maintenance. Having a hard time gathering expected annual maintenance needs for these 36 months and expected dealer v. shop costs to make a good decision. Note: Dealership is Crevier in Orange County, CA, which has an expensive service complex to pay for, if you know what I mean.

Also, re extended CPO warranty: Balance of original warranty plus 1 year add'l CPO warranty provides about 25 months of coverage through Jan '20 at which point I'll likely have added 24k miles. Question is whether $2,100 is a fair price for one more year of coverage of things that are probable to occur from, say, 44K to 56K miles. This will be the wife's vehicle for short P/T commute, hauling young kids around and occasional road trips..none hard driving.

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts