BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm getting ready to place an ED order a 335i. However, I'm a bit stuck on whether to order the ZSP. I would greatly appreciate your input on the following considerations:

1.) The sport seats in the current 330i seem to be a bit too low to the ground and rather snug or "close fitting" on the sides (even when adjusted to be as wide as possible). I'm about 6'1", not to bulky, but coming from an SUV, I like a little room (I realize I'm getting a sports car). Is there going to be a significant difference in terms of comfort between the sport and non-sport seats on the 335i? Will they be lower (more bucket-like)? In sum, is there a significant difference between the two in terms of comfort, size of seats, and height (up and down adjustment)?

2.) Are the 18" performance tire wheels going to just be added cost down the line (wearing out, etc) compared to the 17" standard-all weather tires? Also, since they're low-profile will it lead to constant alignment/balancing issues?

Thank you in advance your your input and assistance!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shawn_speed said:
Are you talking about an E90 or E92?

Since the E92 has some of the sports package standard and a different price, the answer would be different.
When I say 330i I'm referring to the E90. I'm considering purchasing the E92 (335i), but since it doesn't exist in the states yet and I will be ordering it, the only car (in terms of sports seats) I can compare it to is the current 330i with Sport Seats.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am so used to my sports seats, the non-sports seats look almost benchlike in comparison. I personally love the supportive, hugging nature of the sports seats. With the 18" wheels and the smaller (1" smaller diameter), thicker rimmed sport steering wheel, the ZSP is the single best option value, IMO. :thumbup:

Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Wait till you can test drive the car in the different formats and then decide.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I couldn't tell from your first post if you were talking about the coupe or the sedan.

The seats in the new coupe are totally different than the sedan, so you can't tell from sitting in a current e90 what your car's seats are going to feel like.

I gather from your post that really firm ride of a sports packaged car might not be really important to you. Also recall that the ZSP in the coupe is only $1000 because the sports suspension is already there. I just ordered a sedan and the wheels weren't that important to me but the suspension was. On the other hand, the car looks a lot better with the wheel wells filled up.

You are right, the low profile tires are not going to last as long and are much more sensitive to loading. If you carry four people and luggage, you have to change the air pressure etc.

The way that I understand ED, you have quite a bit of time to make changes to your order.

If I were in your shoes, I would see if the deadline for making changes can be after a coupe has shown up in the LA area dealer network. Try the seats and make changes to your order if necessary. This should be feasible since the factory shuts down in a week and quite a few coupes are already on their way.

Shawn
Phoenix

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Shawn speed. I have a feeling that the dealers won't have any 335i (coupes) without the sport package. We'll see.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Personally I'm just not seeing the value in the sports package compared to the e90. On the e90 I would say you were crazy not to get it but since the big thing you are paying for is the ride handling which is already included in e92. The next thing you get is different seats which as you stated do not really excite you.Finally you get a one inch size difference in the wheels. So for you the biggest difference is the wheels really. Is it worth a thousand dollars? It could be it's cheaper than buying all new wheels? Personally it would take nineteens before I payed the extra cash. Look around is 17 to 18 difference in size worth the money?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts