BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I will be joining the tobacco lounge.

Got my Dean Martin, Burt Bacharach, Herp Alpert all ready, Lol (of course with some Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jeff Beck for good measure).

Today they placed the order for my:

6 speed MT:thumbup:
Sapphire Metallic Black
Tobacco Leather
Xenon Lights
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Privacy Glass
:)

Stereo System--what can I say---the new one is TBD but will incorporate the new Alpine DSP system as part of 7.1 surround as well as broad band audio streaming.:bigpimp:

No Custom Seats--they can't be combined with tobacco as Terry stated :(

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,695 Posts
Congrats!

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Congrats on getting everything worked out! :thumbup:

·
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Azn--forgot to ask..How was Myer-Emco as an installer. After my issues with my last one I don't think either of us will work together.

It seems ME carries some of my favorite gear Alpine and the new Pioneer shallow mount subs.

IIRC they were about $100 for the doors (a little pricey btw) but you get what you pay for.

Did they deliver when they said and any glitches?

BTW thanks for the comments

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Myer-Emco was easy to deal with, and I would recommend them to anyone willing to get things done with the sound system. Not all their locations have mobile electronics installation; I went to the one in Bailey's Crossroads, VA (about 10mi from where I live) and dealt with Sean Hanlon.

They've done various high-end cars before, including X3s. So far, I have had no issues with the installed speakers and they completed the job in a few hours when I dropped it off with a Saturday morning appt. They left the driver's armrest a bit dirty, but I cleaned that up easily when I got home. They did mention that in the future, should I have any issues with the installation (i.e leaks or such), just bring it back and they'd take care of it at no charge.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats Ev and welcome to the Tobacco Lounge.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Very good, congratulations!! Glad things appear to have worked out. Yes, welcome to the lounge, and the ranks of those with MT's (mine is scheduled to pull into port Monday) :drive::roundel:

·
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think one of the things that will be most difficult for any of us will not be "Opening It Up" before the break - in period. At least for me.

I will be getting delivery sometime in late July, so it will be ready for the Autumn cruising through the mountain roads.

Please post pics of you tobacco's

And Terry if it pulls in Monday, will you be standing there with flowers and candy? Lol

The whole tobacco things spurs images of high back chairs, brandy, and Cohiba's.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It will be some meaty Chateauneuf du Pape to celebrate my baby's arrival in Cheyenne, which I am guesstimating will be about mid-June. And for whatever fun we have here obsessing over the arrival of our new rigs, we pale in comparison to those folks over in the ED forum - they track the daily progress of their boats, lie to the shipping lines to get GPS access to same, etc. It's really quite a hoot over there!

My daughter's home from college and has her nice little digital camera. I will get her to take some nice pics of the Black exterior/Tobacco interior combo :roundel:, and then I will try my hand at posting them here. :typing:

·
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks Again all. Very excited about the change in things, but Hpyengr just doesnt ring right.

Going to have to stick to my avatar of long standing.

I know I can grouse at the guys for being 12 hours late or something on delivery.

·
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh noooooo--according to BMW OC I ordered a 2005 silver metallic 2.5 AT. Hahahahaha

Guess I should wait for it to replicate across their servers.

This is gonna drive me nuts waiting. Note to self, "cut down on espresso".

·
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok the OC is now showing my MT X3 en route. What would be typical travel time to East Coast?

·
Rio The Racer
546 Posts
congratulations on it man... its a wonderful car and sounds like you picked a good color combo...

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Ok the OC is now showing my MT X3 en route. What would be typical travel time to East Coast?
If you go to the ED board, there are lots of tips on how to track the ship it is on. I don't know specifically how to determine the ships name but I suspect BMW NA could tell you. or you may know already.

Cheers

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
OC is famous for being wildly inaccurate. Better to call the 800 number. If you have a production number or a VIN you can use the automated system.

If your car is on a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship and you have the VIN, you can track it here:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto

If your car ends up on the other shipping line BMW uses, you more or less just have to wait a few days for the car to get to Newark. Factory ordered cars clear customs on the ship. They go directly to the VPC.
Once your car is unloaded at the VPC, you have to call to get the status. Your car is Priority 1 or zero and will go to the front of the line at the VPC.

Our X3 was P0 and got out of the VPC in 2 days.

P0 -- Tourist Delivery, Customer Owned.
P1 -- Customer Sold
P2 -- BMW Center demo or loaners
P3 -- BMW Center priority stock
P4 -- BMW Center stock

P2 cars do not get any special priority in shipment.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
No Custom Seats--they can't be combined with tobacco as Terry stated :(
What do you mean by custom seats?

Update: Owners circle now shows my X3 awaiting transport with Tobacco Nevada Leather

·
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Duplicate

·
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry, the correct term is "Comfort" seats.

Has all sorts of additional adjustments and lumbar support.

I was one of those "Exreme" sports types before anyone knew what that was, and injured my back multiple times.

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Nice car. We really like the Tobacco / black on our '07.

MT should be good to go. :D

·
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is a hoot----Just got a call from the salesperson handling my situation. He said my vehicle could be in as soon as this week. We ordered it less than 30 days ago.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts