BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've got a "toc" sound at the back of the car when turning left/right at low speed. It's not hapenning all the time... but it's still annoying. I tried to do some search on the forum but found nothing helpful.

I know there are "some" bushing at the back (diff, sway bar, etc) I'm not sure where to start. I will for sure jack the rear end and look for loose bushing or play. Maybe anyone here have an idea of what it can be? I've check the coil spring already and they are not broken. Maybe the shock or coil top place?

Thanks in advance

Bruno

·
In my own cars again
1,402 Posts
Hello

I've got a "toc" sound at the back of the car when turning left/right at low speed. It's not hapenning all the time... but it's still annoying. I tried to do some search on the forum but found nothing helpful.

I know there are "some" bushing at the back (diff, sway bar, etc) I'm not sure where to start. I will for sure jack the rear end and look for loose bushing or play. Maybe anyone here have an idea of what it can be? I've check the coil spring already and they are not broken. Maybe the shock or coil top place?

Thanks in advance

Bruno
The most likely on these cars seems to be the rear top shock mounts. Pull the carpet in the trunk and take a look, you'll probably see some separation there. It could be a rear swaybar link, though the OE links are not prone to this. If could be a rear trailing arm bushing (as it was for me).

But the smart money is on shock mounts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MicahO

I'll go with your call for the shock mount.

Seems logical. We will see if I still have the sound after.

Cheers!

·
BMW is my lifestyle!!!
225 Posts
I have the same saound some weeks after i install the HR race springs, when i look under the car the sound is by the spring. In heavy weigh or agressive cornering some of spring part touch each other and make a "glunc" sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts