Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The pandemic has really turned the BMW business on its head, first with the factory shutdowns and now with the ramping up of Model Year 2021 production.

AS a random musing, I am receiving so many requests for the all-new PHEV X5 xDr45e, and the sad reality is that the production volume/allocation thus far is very low. The truth is that the supply:demand coefficient will not lend itself to big discounts that prospect X5 hybrid buyers seem to be expecting or entitled to during a global pandemic. My take on it at least so far is that any discount is a good discount if you can manage to score yourself a bona-fide production number at all. I know that people have been trained to think in terms of percent off MSRP in double digits, and I don't foresee anything like that happening on this particular model in the coming year. I would also rule out "incentives" like Lease Credit on the new PHEV X5. There is simply nothing in the works..

As for most other BMW models, assuming allocation levels are robust, July should be a great time to custom-order a Model Year 2021 BMW! I am crossing my fingers that we are given lots of cars to order so that I can continue to offer Bimmerfest Members outstanding deals.

Where are all of the California/West Coast car buyers?

The Performance Delivery Center is open for our East Coast members. Last week I had a customer take delivery of a X7, and next week I've got an X5 going. I am sad to report that the factory tour portion of the PCD experience is currently unavailable, but my customers are still reporting having wonderful experiences at Spartanburg.

For those of us here on the West Coast, don't forget about the special offer for our Performance Center experience in the desert (Thermal) with every BMW purchase!

:angel:

·
Porleau
1,491 Posts
Great news! What's going on with MY21 X3? No order guides, no nothing. Seems strange.

·
Porleau
1,491 Posts

·
Go Dawgs!
1,059 Posts
Where are all of the California/West Coast car buyers?
Right here, Jon!! I'll PM you soon to get the ball rolling on a custom-ordered M550xi to replace Mrs. Bick's totaled 2019 M550. Finally have our color choices figured out, and I just need to put together the list of options we want. :thumbup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Jon, I've asked this before but you probably did not see my question, so here I go again: is there anything you can do for those of us who aren't lucky enough to be anywhere near your dealership on the west coast, or near the factory in SC, like say... in Texas?

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Jon, I've asked this before but you probably did not see my question, so here I go again: is there anything you can do for those of us who aren't lucky enough to be anywhere near your dealership on the west coast, or near the factory in SC, like say... in Texas?
You might have better luck either PM ing him that question, or even better, looking his email up at his dealership and emailing him there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You're right... Just sent him a PM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts