BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I head to the dealership in a couple of hours to pick up my new ride. I don't understand why everyone else get's to excited - it's just a car, right? :dunno:

Ok, who am I kidding. Certainly not anyone here. The second hand on the clock is moving
real slow right now :thumbdwn: making this last few hours torturous...

Just bought a new digital camera, so I'll be taking some snaps at the dealership. I'll be sure to post them here. Due to driving, pictures may be delayed :D :D

The wait is FINALLY over! To all those who are still waiting, don't worry - the DAY will come.

Stay tuned.

·
5,820 Posts
Andawyr said:
Well, I head to the dealership in a couple of hours to pick up my new ride. I don't understand why everyone else get's to excited - it's just a car, right? :dunno:

Ok, who am I kidding. Certainly not anyone here. The second hand on the clock is moving
real slow right now :thumbdwn: making this last few hours torturous...

Just bought a new digital camera, so I'll be taking some snaps at the dealership. I'll be sure to post them here. Due to driving, pictures may be delayed :D :D

The wait is FINALLY over! To all those who are still waiting, don't worry - the DAY will come.

Stay tuned.
Aren't you aware that there's a raging discussion about the pledge of allegiance going on on this board. How dare you discuss your enthusiasm about picking up your car. ;)

Enjoy, should be a fun time.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Congrats! :thumbup:

I see you're picking up a very nice ride judging by the description in your sig. Congrats again!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Today is THE day!

johnlew said:

Aren't you aware that there's a raging discussion about the pledge of allegiance going on on this board. How dare you discuss your enthusiasm about picking up your car. ;)

Enjoy, should be a fun time.:thumbup:
Uh, ok. I'm not that enthused. Really. No, really!

:bigpimp: :bigpimp:

I'm sure it'll be a great time. Only problem, (and it's a small one) is that the entire family is going down - my two kids (7&9) are going to be pretty tired this aft, since my wife took them to the amusement part today (school ended yesterday). Hopefully they're not too miserable.

Bet I can guess who they'll want to ride home with :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ALEX325i said:
Congrats! :thumbup:

I see you're picking up a very nice ride judging by the description in your sig. Congrats again!
Hey, thanks. My sales guy liked the config as well - a "Drivers Car", he called it.

Oh yeah! :D :D

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Today is THE day!

Andawyr said:

Uh, ok. I'm not that enthused. Really. No, really!

:bigpimp: :bigpimp:

I'm sure it'll be a great time. Only problem, (and it's a small one) is that the entire family is going down - my two kids (7&9) are going to be pretty tired this aft, since my wife took them to the amusement part today (school ended yesterday). Hopefully they're not too miserable.

Bet I can guess who they'll want to ride home with :D
Andawyr,

Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck is ADRVM??? :dunno:

·
2,457 Posts
Dood! Way to go. Go get your SAG and drive all night! I'll bet you can't believe it's finally here. Have fun, man.:thumbup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Today is THE day!

ALEX325i said:

Andawyr,

Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck is ADRVM??? :dunno:
:D :D
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
:D :D

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Go get em And! My 6 yr old rode home with me after the wife dropped us off last year...he and I were both all "ooohs" and "Ahhhhs", I was so damn paranoid driving in traffic on Interstate 5, LOL! Glad THAT day is over (in regards to driving home).

Good luck! You'll love how the back seat in the coupe is easily accessible for your kids :thumbup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
in_d_haus said:
Beware the Topaz Curse! :D
Great. You just HAD to bring that up, didn't you. You've jinxed it, now. I'm going to be down in Seattle next month, and if anything happens to mycar, I'm looking YOU up :flipoff:

Besides, I'm like the Teflon Don - nothing sticks to me, including curses :bigpimp:, and especially Topaz curses

(now I'm really toast!)

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Heres the recipe for getting rid of the Topaz Curse:

Come down to Seattle and take Rip and Haus out to dinner on your visa.

After dinner, drinks on you at any local dance club (hetrosexual please)

After dancing and women, a night cap at the Space needle, drinks naturally on your Visa.

After the bars close, we go out and sacrifice a dead possum (no problems finding one of those lying around) and your curse is completely lifted.

:D:bigpimp:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Ripsnort said:
Heres the recipe for getting rid of the Topaz Curse:

Come down to Seattle and take Rip and Haus out to dinner on your visa.

And don't forget to "impress" the waiter with your BMW visa while you're at it... After all, you guys WILL impress the valet... :lmao:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, the car is home, safe and sound. What a cool afternoon. Traffic was a complete nightmare getting to the dealership, but once we were there, it was pretty smooth sailing.

Before I post picks of my new ride, I should show the one really interesting thing I saw at the dealership:

Guy traded this in for a M-Roadster, *and* an X5. Plus a whack of cash, I'm sure. Guy had just traded it in, and *poof*, it was sold. Not every day you see one of these in a BMW dealership.

In case anyone is wondering, it's a 2001 Modena. Very cool. Very rare, and very expensive....

One of the sales guys told me the guy brought in the Modena and upgraded to a BMW :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, when I got to the dealership, my car was outside. They were doing so many deliveries today, and had so may cars being prepped, mine got bumped outside. Then it rained on it. :thumbdwn:

Then, when it dried, it was filthy. They rinsed it off for me tho, and made it look like new :lmao:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rear angle from my driveway :D :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Obligatory hood shot :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Mmmmmm, shiny :thumbup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's it for now. I'm waiting for the storm to bugger off so I can go driving (It's been 30C here for 3 days now - that's 90F for you US folks); it's about time we finally got some thundershowers - but did it have to be today? :dunno: :dunno:

Anyways, I'll post more interior shots tonite, as well as some impressions.

This is just too much fun. Now I'm the one posting the pics!

Waa-hoo!

Or is that Yaa-hoo? :bigpimp:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts