1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Planning and Strategy Bulletin
Model year 2003 M cars

Tom Salkowsky - M Brand Manager

2002 has been a tremendous year for BMW sales and in particular M cars. We appreciate all of your efforts and support of the M Brand. While the M5 just received the AutoWeek "America's Best Sports sedan award" we are not resting on our laurels.

Model year 2003 includes a few updates, similar to the
3 and 5 series cars.

M5:

•Navigation is upgraded from CD to a DVD based technology -allowing for all US data on 1 disc.
•An audio system auxiliary input will be standard (but requires an accessory jack installed at the
dealer to be functional)

coupe and M3 convertible:

•New aluminum interior trim will be available as a stand alone option (see below)
•Navigation is upgraded from CD to a DVD based technology
•In dash CD player is available when the Navigation system is ordered. Cassette will still be a no
charge option.
•An audio system auxiliary input will be standard (as above)
•The optional Power Seat Package will no longer be offered (M3 coupe only)
•Standard rain sensor with automatic headlight control
M3 with SMG, Navigation and new Aluminum trim M3 engine with front suspension brace

As a reminder for MY 2002 M3s, as of April SOP all M3 coupes and M3 convertibles will come standard with a front suspension (shock tower) brace. This additional performance feature was added to further enhance the agility and driving precision of the M3. Please note this feature is a running change in production and will not be retrofitted on earlier production M3s under warranty. However M3 owners
can purchase the suspension brace as an upgrade. Please consult your Parts Department for further
details.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE:

atyclb said:
Hey Jon, when can we expect the order guide to be out? Last year it came out on June 28, listing all the option codes, paint/trim choices etc.

What gives? :dunno:
If you will recall, the ordering guides that I posted last year were not really the "official" ones provided to the dealer body, but rather a "leaked" set from inside the organization (that came to me by way of a 3rd party)... I would suspect that we should have the actual MY 2003 ordering guides in our hands within a week or so. Furthermore, I do not expect to see any pricing info for quite some time...

20,210 Posts
Re: RE:

Jon Shafer said:

If you will recall, the ordering guides that I posted last year were not really the "official" ones provided to the dealer body, but rather a "leaked" set from inside the organization (that came to me by way of a 3rd party)... I would suspect that we should have the actual MY 2003 ordering guides in our hands within a week or so. Furthermore, I do not expect to see any pricing info for quite some time...
okay, thanks Jon

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
atyclb said:
perhaps power seats will be standard

I believe they are in canada, as is the moonroof.

I guess BMW Canada doesn't think anyone really wants a dedicated track car. :dunno:
PS & Sunroof are standard here. Nobody wants a dedicated track cars because there are no race tracks here. Only ice rinks! :p

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
•Standard rain sensor with automatic headlight control
M3 with SMG, Navigation and new Aluminum trim M3 engine with front suspension brace
Huh? SMG will be standard?
OK, by how much is the base price going up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts